Board logo

My Grinder is Dead...
scootz - 15/4/11 at 11:53 AM

RIP old fella... we sure had some good times, didn't we!?

deezee - 15/4/11 at 12:27 PM

Yeah, good times, like when you guys went to the Caribbean together or those cosy evenings in front of the TV .... oh hold on, no No you just used to smash his face into wonky metal, shaking and burning his face off. To be honest death probably came as a release for him

scootz - 15/4/11 at 12:35 PM

I never looked at it that way! I just assumed he had a similar appetite for destruction as me!

balidey - 15/4/11 at 12:39 PM

dead? really dead? Or would a set of brushes bring him back?

Humbug - 15/4/11 at 12:49 PM

You could have him stuffed and mounted on a nice wooden backplate and put up in the garage?

jacko - 15/4/11 at 01:18 PM

How can you tell if its a HIM or a SHE ?

Xtreme Kermit - 15/4/11 at 01:20 PM

So assuming re-incarnation is a possibility - what would the grinder be re-born as next time round...

mangogrooveworkshop - 15/4/11 at 01:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Xtreme Kermit
So assuming re-incarnation is a possibility - what would the grinder be re-born as next time round...

I have been using one in my kitchen as a potato peeler since
the ex took the kitchen. Really quick as well

emsfactory - 15/4/11 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jacko
How can you tell if its a HIM or a SHE ?

Have a look and see if it has a cock

blakep82 - 15/4/11 at 06:47 PM

When's the funeral?
I applied to be a grave digger this week, so some practise might be handy lol. I imagine its like the video for thriller at nite...

MikeRJ - 15/4/11 at 07:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deezee
Yeah, good times, like when you guys went to the Caribbean together or those cosy evenings in front of the TV .... oh hold on, no No you just used to smash his face into wonky metal, shaking and burning his face off. To be honest death probably came as a release for him

The RSPCAG will be having a word.

iank - 16/4/11 at 08:31 AM

It's not a proper death for a grinder unless it gives itself a Viking funeral on the spot.

nick205 - 16/4/11 at 09:41 AM

I know your pain Scootz, I lost a very long serving hammer last year to hickory fatigue, very upsetting!

On the up side it's an opportunity to keep up with tool technology and trends. My new hammer is bang up to date with a firged steel head and....hickory handle

steve m - 16/4/11 at 10:00 AM

you lot are barking mad,

but im still missing the 10/11mm spanner i lost in about 1994

I bought a replacemnt, but it was never the same, and didnt match his brothers and sisters,

he is probably sitting in someone else's toolbox pinning for his family!

Catatomic - 16/4/11 at 10:14 AM

Does anyone else have a spontaneous black hole in their house?
I have had several (not always tool related) items vanish within seconds of placing them down. They almost never return with the exception of a few which are always in disguise. For example, my DVD of Hungarian traditional folk dancing turned up in the form of a small Llama called Derek. For those who may not think that this is related, Derek used my angle grinder to develop a Chassis in the shape of Mount Fuji. We have yet to test the geometry.

David Jenkins - 16/4/11 at 10:16 AM

I'll have a go at whatever you're sniffing... it's damn good stuff!

Catatomic - 16/4/11 at 10:18 AM

Just zinc dipping Derek, wouldn't like him to rust. Not sure what the fumes are but they smell pretty damn good!

Ninehigh - 21/4/11 at 04:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Catatomic
Does anyone else have a spontaneous black hole in their house?
I have had several (not always tool related) items vanish within seconds of placing them down. They almost never return with the exception of a few which are always in disguise. For example, my DVD of Hungarian traditional folk dancing turned up in the form of a small Llama called Derek. For those who may not think that this is related, Derek used my angle grinder to develop a Chassis in the shape of Mount Fuji. We have yet to test the geometry.

Yeah, and it's most recent taken items are missus's spare car key, my old phone which I was using as a walkman and the keys to the sliding door out back which would be really useful to open now it's hot