Board logo

Kangoo Diesel
paul v6 - 20/9/05 at 05:11 PM

My 1.9 diesel Kangoo has developed a problem
It seems to have air in the fuel lines but I've not ran it out of deisel? This causes the engine to run eratically and cuts out on occassion, usually at the most inconvenient times!!

Does anyone has any idea how to bleed one of these engines????

Paul

Peteff - 20/9/05 at 05:26 PM

Sounds more like fuel filter problems. If it needs bleeding it won't run.

gary gsx - 20/9/05 at 05:26 PM

You wont get air in the system if you haven't run out of fuel and not disturbed anything, Sounds more like a dirty filter have you had a new one fitted lately?

Could be drawing air in through a loose pipe,faulty washers on a banjo fitting, seal fault on filter

Just a few ideas Gary

colibriman - 20/9/05 at 05:28 PM

deffo go for fuel filter...may have water in it...happened to my xantia and it ran like poo

donut - 20/9/05 at 05:31 PM

Colin,

poo can't run!

Just thought i would point that out!

Guinness - 20/9/05 at 05:37 PM

I dunno Andy, I've had some pretty bad curries that've had that effect.

Mike

colibriman - 20/9/05 at 05:38 PM

john_p_b - 20/9/05 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paul v6
My 1.9 diesel Kangoo has developed a problem
It seems to have air in the fuel lines but I've not ran it out of deisel? This causes the engine to run eratically and cuts out on occassion, usually at the most inconvenient times!!

Does anyone has any idea how to bleed one of these engines????

Paul

what year kangoo is it? i spend 5 days a week maintaining a fleet of these at work.

pre 2000 models have a very common problem with a little valve on the fuel pump faulting, usual simptoms are a rocking motion when stationary at idle, an apparent missfire when accelerating which often clears when you get the revs up and at times they just plain cut out!

you'll always see air in the fuel lines, god knows how the run like it i've never seen a oil burner have as much air in the fuel lines as these do!

paul v6 - 20/9/05 at 09:21 PM

Hi John,

The problems you descibe are absolutely spot on, but its a 15 plate so post 2000??

Any ideas??

Paul