Board logo

Dwarf Wanted
RazMan - 13/10/06 at 04:06 PM

Preferably with basic mechanical skills. Nothing too tricky - I just need to adjust my pedal linkages. The frustrating thing is that I can just about reach them with one finger but can't adjust them without removing the dash and steering wheel (which I will probably end up doing)

All interested applicants please apply here - dwarf sized beer tokens available

Dillinger1977 - 13/10/06 at 04:14 PM

i have the same problem fiddling with balance bar stuff.. lanky git + tiny space = seats and steering out every time

fesycresy - 13/10/06 at 04:32 PM

I've always had problems changing cables and could never quite get at the pedals.

I knew this would be a problem with the build so I rivnutted the scuttle panel to make for easy access. Good job too, as I snapped my first clutch cable.

rjs - 13/10/06 at 04:37 PM

Got a small child you can borrow (can post)

RazMan - 13/10/06 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rjs
Got a small child you can borrow (can post)

Sounds ideal! I hope you've got a big Jiffy bag - the type with air holes of course

TimC - 13/10/06 at 05:03 PM

When fitting a new throttle cable to my old Indy, I ended up with my legs dangling over the rollbar and the back of my head on the floor looking up at the pedals.

Hurt a bit, but needs must.

zoom - 13/10/06 at 06:14 PM

I can lend you spencer if you like??
He's very good at mechanics (see my web site)

[Edited on 13/10/06 by zoom] Rescued attachment lightweight pics 050.jpg
Rescued attachment lightweight pics 050.jpg

wilkingj - 13/10/06 at 06:23 PM

I cut the tray above the pedals and Rivnutted it down.
I just fixed a bit of Angle to support the loose end, and secured with Rivnuts. Its a bit of a tug to pull out, but isnt too difficult. Its a darn sight easier than trying to work upside down on your back and over your head in a confined space. I'm 5' 10" and not 20 Stone I just cant get in there to do it.

Split Battery Shelf 1
Split Battery Shelf 1

Split Battery Shelf 2
Split Battery Shelf 2

Split Battery Shelf 3
Split Battery Shelf 3

McLannahan - 13/10/06 at 10:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zoom
I can lend you spencer if you like??
He's very good at mechanics (see my web site)

That Spencer's got some talent!! Did confused by his choice of pedal placement though for his paws?? Placement seems to look more human like?