Board logo

Driving Hats?
RazMan - 23/4/07 at 09:19 PM

Much as I dislike them I have to admit that the baseball cap is probably the most practical type of hat to wear in an open top sportscar. They keep the sun out of my eyes but finding one that doesn't fly off at the slightest puff of wind is proving difficult - most just seem to sit too high on my head (and I've got a big head)

What type of hat do you favour?

[Edited on 23-4-07 by RazMan]

peterriley2 - 23/4/07 at 09:33 PM

certainly from a style point of view id go for one more like this

Jubal - 23/4/07 at 09:35 PM

If you like baseball caps then check out the yachty brands like Musto. They fit well and come with a clip which will save the cap from flying away even if it does get whipped off.

RazMan - 23/4/07 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jubal
If you like baseball caps then check out the yachty brands like Musto. They fit well and come with a clip which will save the cap from flying away even if it does get whipped off.

I'll check them out - much better than stapling the hat to my ears I suppose

vorn - 23/4/07 at 09:42 PM

Try a Flexfit brand . they have no adjustment on the back as you get the right size for your head , they are nice and deep

WWW.FLEXFIT.CO.UK
Email sales@flexfit.co.uk
United Kingdom
enquiries@flexfit.co.uk

caber - 23/4/07 at 11:10 PM

Gaffer tape chin strap?

Caber

BenB - 24/4/07 at 09:02 AM

Tie a bit of string round the adjuster thing on the back of the hat and attach to the rollbar or harness. If it comes off at least it will won't be lost....

Though personally I prefer a beany type hat. Keeps me dry in rain and never comes off....

scutter - 24/4/07 at 09:31 AM

Ditto Bens comments, I've lanyarded mine to the rollbar always comes off when i do a over the shoulder check before overtakes.

Dan.

Hellfire - 24/4/07 at 11:09 AM

Glue some Velcro to your head!!...........

Phil