Board logo

Speeding muppet
ned - 8/6/07 at 11:29 AM

Ok, not actually a muppet speeding but an eejit all the same!

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=16342

Howlor - 8/6/07 at 11:46 AM

Maybe he will claim that Gonzo or kermit was driving!

A warning to us all on here though that it is very easy through pics, text, links to adverts etc that give away phone numbers to track someone down. Not necessarily the speeding issue but certainly consider your security.

Steve

nib1980 - 8/6/07 at 11:54 AM

and people laughed at my conspiracy theorys, see I told you they were watching me.

Didn't I

yes you did....

drlloyd - 8/6/07 at 12:50 PM

Aah, makes you feel so good about humankind doesn't it? All those busybodies not just getting on with their own life.

PS: Admittedly the guy was still an idiot though!

speedyxjs - 8/6/07 at 01:17 PM

Didn't realise vauxhalls could reach that speed without breaking down

nitram38 - 8/6/07 at 02:18 PM

I doubt that anyone will make it stick in court. How can anyone prove the accuracy of the speedo from a photo?
It might have even been photo shopped for all they know.
Even the police can't make any charges unless they have a certificate of accuracy of their speed equipment and as it is a while since it happened, how can they prove it?
Just a load of Sun rubbish again.

roadrunner - 8/6/07 at 06:36 PM

I watched Men and Motors this lunchtime, it was The Fastest Bikes program, they had well known pro's riding standard top bikes with on board cameras, on public roads, with other traffic about, the thing is, the view from the camera ,was through the deflector, and it showed them reaching speeds of up to 170mph,OHH.

DIY Si - 8/6/07 at 06:59 PM

As said though, you can say you did a million miles an hour. Without being caught be a certified camera, it doesn't mean poo. You can't do someone for speeding for basically saying they did 150 mph, you have to prove it. Thank you The Sun for yet another piece of excellent work. Quite suprised someone hasn't yet reminded us all to remember the kids.