Board logo

Earlier "LoCost"
John P - 5/11/07 at 05:49 PM

When I posted a view of my chassis several people commented on the car in the background which is my Austin 7 Ulster Replica so here is a better picture taken alongside a Caterham at Leeds Castle last year.

[img]http:// [/img]

I actually dragged the chassis out of a stream in Tonbridge Wells many years ago and slowly built up the car from bits. The bodywork was built by Vintage Wings and I'm still very pleased with it.

Austins like this were raced by the 750 Motor Club as a form of LoCost motorsport when you could pick up a doner for a few pounds although that was even before ny time.

John.

02GF74 - 5/11/07 at 05:55 PM

nice .. so err, when are you going to BEC?

nice, I have wondered how one could make a LSIS car look vintage - wire wheels would be needed for sure.

donut - 5/11/07 at 06:01 PM

Sweet!

Fatboy Dave - 5/11/07 at 06:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
nice .. so err, when are you going to BEC?

nice, I have wondered how one could make a LSIS car look vintage - wire wheels would be needed for sure.

Wire wheels, turned ali dash, chrome rimed dials, leather bench seat, chromed mirrors, toggle switches, no carpet, glass chrome framed aero screens etc.

Then of course, drum brakes, BMC A series motor (or 1172 sidevalve!), four speed box...

Just how they should look IMO

Dave <fan of old 7s)

jack trolley - 5/11/07 at 06:25 PM

Like these:

Fatboy Dave - 5/11/07 at 06:43 PM

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Envious of the owner of the s3 and tidy locost too

Lucky bugger.

Confused but excited. - 5/11/07 at 06:56 PM

Dooooooh. I want knock on wires now!
IIRC, wasn't someone on here going to build a 7 with these wheels?
Or am I having another senior moment?

LBMEFM - 5/11/07 at 07:15 PM

Fantastic, love them cars

Davey D - 5/11/07 at 11:14 PM

Noooo... i really dont like wire wheels... especially having to clean them