Board logo

Tin Top HELP!!!
jobsagooden - 15/1/08 at 10:49 AM

I all

Got pulled by the police the other day for having a headlight out which in itself is fine they did however give me a pink ticket which means I've got 14 days to get it fixed take it too an MOT station and send the ticket back. Also this is fair enough at least I wasn't fined.

Anyway the problem is I've replaced the bulb and it's still not working all the other lights (main beam fog and sidelights) in the assembly are working. It's a Y reg Fiat Marea estate and it may aswell be a Ferrari as far as parts prices are concerned and new headlight unit is £204 + VAT is there anything else I can check for before I go replacing the whole unit.

All help is much appreciated.

Thanks
PJ

RickRick - 15/1/08 at 10:54 AM

check for the 12v supply to that bulb using a multi meter

ash_hammond - 15/1/08 at 10:56 AM

Scrap yard - dont pay the price at the stealers.

Paul TigerB6 - 15/1/08 at 10:56 AM

is that bulb on a seperate fuse??

britishtrident - 15/1/08 at 11:32 AM

Suspect it is not earthing to the body or the connector.

Italian electrics !!!!

[Edited on 15/1/08 by britishtrident]

RazMan - 15/1/08 at 11:38 AM

The Italians were never briliant at electrics were they
If everything else is working I would rule out an earth problem (which is very common) and I doubt that replacing the headlamp unit would achieve anything.

First check if power is getting to the appropriate wire in the connector - if not then work backwards to the fuse box. Sounds simple doesn't it

TGR-ECOSSE - 15/1/08 at 11:55 AM

I had the same problem and to get it through an M.O.T i took a feed from the other headlight as a temporary measure. Its probably still there

jobsagooden - 15/1/08 at 12:02 PM

Cheers guys

it is on a seperate fuse but the fuse is fine.

Found two cars at scrap yards but they've both got front end damage so no joy there so off to borrow a multimeter

Cheers
PJ

02GF74 - 15/1/08 at 03:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
The Italians were never briliant at electrics were they

Unlike Joesph Lucas ofcourse

RazMan - 15/1/08 at 05:04 PM