Board logo

Rather short lived...
alexdj125 - 8/4/08 at 05:05 PM

Well it would seem that my Kit car driving days are over. I finished my Striker in september, got driven in to by a polish taxi driver two weeks later, got the car back from having the new bodywork fitted in october, got caught speeding in december, and had my court appearance today. I now have a toal of 9 points and being only 20 I already found it rather difficult to get insured so I have no hope now. So i suppose the striker is up on Pistonheads soon, and I better get a battered old fiesta to drive...... Doh!

jlparsons - 8/4/08 at 05:13 PM

Here today, SORN tomorrow?

DIY Si - 8/4/08 at 05:32 PM

9 points?? Must have been pushing on a bit then..... My commiserations all the same though.

tjoh84 - 8/4/08 at 05:45 PM

what did you get cought doing i cot cought do 67 in a 40 went to court got points and 270 fine plus court fees

JoelP - 8/4/08 at 05:49 PM

i got 6 points for 105. Clean as could be now though!

A bit of careful driving for a few years can only be a good thing in reality, i certainly needed it.

alexdj125 - 8/4/08 at 06:09 PM

Well I got given 6 points and because I told them I was a poor student I only got fined £70. I already had three points though. I was doing 62 on a dual carriage way with barriers between the pavement and the opposite traffic, apparently it is a 30mph zone! and it was gone 1 in the morning.

nib1980 - 8/4/08 at 06:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alexdj125
Well I got given 6 points and because I told them I was a poor student I only got fined £70. I already had three points though. I was doing 62 on a dual carriage way with barriers between the pavement and the opposite traffic, apparently it is a 30mph zone! and it was gone 1 in the morning.

At leleast it wasn't in the first two years of passing, like me. cos then you lose you licence

Simon - 8/4/08 at 06:59 PM

I know a bloke who was allowed to drive even though at one point he had about 16 points on his licence!!!!

ATB

Simon

fesycresy - 8/4/08 at 07:50 PM

16 points ! First time I've ever heard someone beat my score.

I had 15 points and kept my license on mitigating circumstances.

Can laugh about it now they're long gone, but you should have seen my premiums

coozer - 8/4/08 at 08:11 PM

Right then, you may not believe this but its true...

Honda CBR1000 ~ A1M, caught at 155mph going into the trap and 110mph out the other side.

Chester le Street Crown Court expecting a ban for 127mph... 3 points and £100 fine.

Not me, but my marra was expecting some time inside. How lucky!

The rest of us just didn't stop

Mr Whippy - 8/4/08 at 08:49 PM

I think you will find a fiesta is dearer insure than the striker, put 1ltr engine in it and it will still be nippy. A friend got a kit car after his drink driving ban had expired as it was the only thing he could get affordable cover on. So check first before doing anything rash...