Board logo

possible move to the big city!
omega0684 - 29/7/08 at 01:52 PM

i am waiting for a possible job offer to come through at the moment and it may mean that i have to move to London, Enfield/Finchley area. do any of you know of anyone who may have a flat going cheap or needs a tidy lodger? i've been looking on estate agency websites but it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXPENSIVE! i never thought that it would be as much as what they are saying! anything from £800-£2000 a month. i only need a room to sleep in. and washing facilities and thats about it!

[Edited on 29/7/08 by omega0684]

Benzine - 29/7/08 at 01:58 PM

Go to London, I guarantee you'll either be mugged or not appreciated. Catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.

omega0684 - 29/7/08 at 01:59 PM

story of my life mate! you've had a bad experience?

Bluemoon - 29/7/08 at 02:05 PM

Hope they pay you well, not kiding it's going to be expensive

Dan

Ben_Copeland - 29/7/08 at 02:13 PM

Don't forget the cost food, bills and parking! don't get me started on the congestion charge

afj - 29/7/08 at 02:15 PM

or needs a tidy lodger?
im not sure how but i read this as tiny todger

coozer - 29/7/08 at 02:21 PM

used to live there meself, it would have been great if evryone remebered t ogo t obed at night!

brynhamlet - 29/7/08 at 02:31 PM

Can you not stay in Coventry and commute. I used to commute to Hammersmith & Tower Bridge on two different jobs from Newark. Made for long days, but perfectly acheivable. Either that or stay in a cheap B&B during the week and travel down Monday and return Friday. Most companies down that way are flexible on Monday starts and Friday finishs

omega0684 - 29/7/08 at 02:35 PM

job starts times vary from day to day and busiest days will be saturday so the go down monday and come back friday are out the window! i have just found some flays at 100-200 a week, 1 bed flat with living room and bathroom, areas look ok, but they always put up the best pictures dont they!

BenB - 29/7/08 at 03:13 PM

Finchley / Enfield way shouldn't be that expensive to rent in (especially North Finchley / Whetstone way). Few nice roads round Enfield neck of the woods too

graememk - 29/7/08 at 03:18 PM

i have a flat in chipperfield with a spare room i could ask louisa if she wants a lodger to split the rent with.

omega0684 - 29/7/08 at 03:27 PM

graeme how much is the rent?

Andybarbet - 29/7/08 at 06:43 PM

Im from cheshunt, about 4 miles north of enfield, shouldn't be that expensive and the horror stories are rediculous, i will ask around if i know someone that wants a lodger..

I only moved away a year ago to be closer to my work.

ChrisW - 29/7/08 at 07:15 PM

My Mrs is just moving out of a place in Stoke Newington. Not the nicest flat in the world, but cheap, and in a popular area.

If you're interested in the area, I'll happily put you in touch with her soon-to-be ex-housemate.

EDIT: Rent is £595/month, including gas, electric and water bills. It's a reasonable size double room, with shared bathroom, kitchen and lounge. One other guy lives there - about 35-ish I'd say.

Chris

[Edited on 7/29/2008 by ChrisW]

graememk - 30/7/08 at 09:39 PM

i charge lou £600 per month so if you went 50/50, i've emailed her for you but looking at it, you might be a bit to far out of town.

[Edited on 30/7/08 by graememk]