Board logo

Ever been had
splitrivet - 21/8/08 at 11:29 PM

Its our 27th anniversary today, few months ago the missus said we wont bother buying each other a prezzie from now on. OK says I, so after buying a bunch of flowers £25 booking a Restaurant for tonight about £80 she then turns around and says seeing we arent buying each other presents we'll have the wall in front of the house rebuilt it makes the place look scruffy (looks OK to me).

Now I wonder who's going to be paying for that.

I thought hard labour had been banned in this country.

If I'd have killed her instead of marrying her I'd have been a free man 15 years ago, and would be better off, bless her cotton socks.

Just glad she has'nt noticed the beat up P100 in the drive.
Cheers,
Bob

iscmatt - 21/8/08 at 11:35 PM

bunch of flowers £25 booking a Restaurant for tonight about £80, rebuilding the front wall Priceless

splitrivet - 21/8/08 at 11:43 PM

Good job Ive got a flexible friend, cos the chances of an inflexible one are about zip after 27 years of marriage unless theres a Z in the month.

thepest - 22/8/08 at 05:56 AM

we all make mistakes. Whats important is not to do the same ones over

Macbeast - 22/8/08 at 06:14 AM

When the wife / partner says she doesn't want a present she still expects to get one.

It's always wise to have a present on standby - something small and easily stashed away for emergencies. Must be expensive and NOT practical to show you care. This can be trotted out on any occasion - anniversaries etc - that you might have forgotten. A wall would not be easy to hide.

iank - 22/8/08 at 06:35 AM

After 27 years you should have seen that one coming.

andyharding - 22/8/08 at 07:23 AM

Time saving shortcut.... borrow her car and use it to demolish the wall upon return

eznfrank - 22/8/08 at 07:59 AM

I got it the opposite way round last year. She said lets not get each other owt and just go away for the weekend instead. The weekend comes and she's bought me a really expensive wallet and I aint got her owt, I was well popular!! How is that my fault???

BenB - 22/8/08 at 08:04 AM

I had that this year (first year of marriage ).

"oh, I thought we'd decided we weren't doing Valentines day"

MKMike - 22/8/08 at 08:20 AM

Last year after 10 years together, we (she) decided that we should go away to a nice hotel for the weekend to mark the occasion, so I booked an expensive hotel and when we got there after driving for 4 hours in lashing rain on a friday evening after work she was a bit upset, when I asked why, it was because I hadn't arranged to have champaign or flowers in the room. You cannot win!

iank - 22/8/08 at 08:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
I got it the opposite way round last year. She said lets not get each other owt and just go away for the weekend instead. The weekend comes and she's bought me a really expensive wallet and I aint got her owt, I was well popular!! How is that my fault???

Rule 1 of marriage. It's always your fault, and no not having mind reading skills isn't any kind of excuse.

bbwales - 22/8/08 at 08:59 AM

Wednesday was my 31st anniversary and the first one I forgot, she only managed to remember 1 in all those years, guess who is living in silence?????? yep me and it is wonderful, wish I had of forgotten all of them, I can go in the garage and nothing is said.

Bob

David Jenkins - 22/8/08 at 09:24 AM

I nearly forgot our last anniversary! Late the evening before I suddenly realised, and announced "I fancy a run out in the toy car - I'll see you later!"

Managed to get a card in a nearby 24/7 establishment...

carpmart - 22/8/08 at 09:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by iscmatt
bunch of flowers £25 booking a Restaurant for tonight about £80, rebuilding the front wall Priceless

Very good!

phoenix70 - 22/8/08 at 10:15 AM

I got a very lucky with my anniversary this year. I had totally forgotten about to but luckily so had she, it was one of her friends that reminded her and she fessed up to forgetting.

Phew that was a lucky escape

BenB - 22/8/08 at 11:03 AM

Oh well you know the old saying

"If a man stands alone in a forest and speaks and there's no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?"

David Jenkins - 22/8/08 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Oh well you know the old saying

"If a man stands alone in a forest and speaks and there's no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?"

I said that to my wife - all she said was "yes".