Board logo

megajolt
Stuart_B - 13/5/09 at 05:36 PM

hi all, i have trying to work out about megajolt, will it make more power?

as well what unit should i go for? as i have a 1.6 pinto on bike carbs, which have a tps sensor on them, so doe staht makes a differance?

so what sort of megajolt should i look for and where from?

as well, is there as list of all the bits i need and where i can get them from?

thanks

stuart

flak monkey - 13/5/09 at 05:43 PM

Depends on the spec of your engine. If its std apart from the carbs then you arent likely to make any more power than with the std dizzy.

If its got a different cam in then you could see a power gain, but your advance curve would have to be spot on to get any benefit....

David

David Jenkins - 13/5/09 at 06:14 PM

The biggest advantage of Megajolt (and similar systems) is that it stops you LOSING power in the way that you would when points close up, distributors wear out, and so on.

Basically, once it's set up to run well, you can almost forget it - it should never go out of adjustment.

(of course, nothing's perfekt...)

Stuart_B - 13/5/09 at 06:26 PM

ah, right well a little more research and the tps v4 megajolt would be good for me.

as well if i changed the engine to 2.0litre and can i set it up to different with out changing the megajolt?

as well what should teh budget be for a megajolt setup?

thanks

stuart

MikeRJ - 13/5/09 at 06:28 PM

If the advance curve on your distributor no longer suits the engine, or of the distributor is worn then yes you can gain power and driveability from a mapped system, provided the map is tailored to your engine!

David Jenkins - 13/5/09 at 06:45 PM

You also get big fat sparks from the Ford EDIS system used by MJ, which is a bonus, and they must help with combustion!

britishtrident - 13/5/09 at 06:59 PM

Go the whole hog and buy a megasquirt even if you don't use the the injection side you have the system ready for when you fit something a bit less stonehenge like than the Pinto.

r1_pete - 13/5/09 at 08:00 PM

Autosport Labs website is a usefull starting place, there's a forum on there too discussing the various options, MAP library too

tendoshingan - 13/5/09 at 11:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Autosport Labs website is a usefull starting place, there's a forum on there too discussing the various options, MAP library too

I'd agree, got mine from here and built myself, the info is very useful

Roman - 14/5/09 at 03:46 PM

See my wanted post for where to buy.