Board logo

Has anyone used one of these....
Pdlewis - 5/6/07 at 12:04 PM

Hello,

as above has anyone used one of these and are they any good? to go onto an FR32 cam

not the easiest of things finding a locost pulley

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PINTO-VERNIER-CAM-PULLEY-WESTFIELD-CATERHAM-DAX-LOCOST_W0QQitemZ150109303241QQihZ005QQcategoryZ100921QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcm dZViewItem

mookaloid - 5/6/07 at 12:10 PM

Not used that particular one myself but if I was building a motor at the moment I wouldn't hesitate to use it. There would be no chance of it slipping and Quaife is a good manufacturer.

Looks a reasonable price too.

Cheers

mark

bobrailings - 5/6/07 at 12:11 PM

Saw the same advertised in PPC a couple of months back.

linky

HTH

[Edited on 5/6/07 by bobrailings]

pajsh - 5/6/07 at 02:14 PM

I have acquired a 2nd hand one for my 2.0l rebuild and it seems a pretty good design.

Centre wheel fits on the camshaft and sprocket outside that. Pin goes in where it fits and then the thick washer holds it in.

Guess it might be a bit heavier than a typical Kent design but has got to be easier to adjust (once you get the pin out) and there is no way it can slip.

Pretty chuffed with mine. But it was locost

mark chandler - 5/6/07 at 05:13 PM

I used one 20 years ago, great bit of kit, never going to slip like those nip up allen screw jobbies, you just centre everything and pop the pin in where it fits and bolt up tight.

Regards Mark

Orange Indy - 5/6/07 at 07:36 PM

I have one on my Pinto in MK, have changed the cam a couple of times and it works well for setting exact cam timing. Very solid, no worries about it coming loose.

david walker - 5/6/07 at 08:59 PM

Far better then the adjustable pulleys now sold. It's design is where the term "Vernier" was derived from.