Board logo

KCBCF3 xflow cam help
thunderace - 17/11/07 at 04:13 PM

can i run this cam in my 1600cc xfloe engine if i have just moved my timing 8deg or is there something else i need to do ?
do i need to buy this
(016"IN/.016"EX CLEARANCE KIT )

i have just rebuit my engine with new evrything and dont want to brake it by making a big mistake.

thunderace - 17/11/07 at 04:22 PM

To: thunderace
Sent: 9/11/07 at 06:16 PM

I got the burton list of cams and there is notes saying which cams need piston mods.

Looking at the lift, anyting over 10 mm seems to be the case.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bcf2 doesn't need cut outs but bcf3 does

"i dont understand what you mean by that"(cut outs in the pistons??)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the pistons come with cut outs??
i have bigger cut outs to take max size valves.think there 41.3mm inlets with a 34mm ex

it took me a week to port and polish it .

do you need to make them deeper to avoide the valves bounsing and hitting them or just use heavy duty spring i dont understand ??

[Edited on 17/11/07 by thunderace]

MikeRJ - 17/11/07 at 05:15 PM

The BCF3 cam does not require extra piston cut outs. This was confirmed by Dave Walker in another thread recently, and I have a BCF3 in a 1600 xflow running standard unmodified pistons.

The Kent catalogue states that it is the "maximum" cam that will fit without piston mods.

http://www.kentcams.com/Downloads/Files/catalogue_medRes.pdf

You should use the valve springs that come with the cam kit, standard springs will almost certainly allow valve float/bounce within the usable RPM range.

[Edited on 17/11/07 by MikeRJ]

stretch - 21/11/07 at 11:16 AM

i had to make the cutouts on my pistons a slight bit deeper where the intake valve goes

because the fitted an adjustable cam gear and changed the cam timing a bit to give a little extra

then its needed to make the cutout a bit deeper, but was only .5mm if i recall correctly