Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: What does yours weigh?
russbost

posted on 6/1/09 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
What does yours weigh?

Hadn't had a chance to weigh the "new" Furore b4 SVA & was somewhat pleasantly surprised to discover it's unladen weight was just 452Kg!!! & that's with the larger fuel tank (full for SVA) & the Toyota 4 AGE engine & box which is hardly the lightest thing around being cast iron block. My aim had been for around 525-550kg with a car engine so I'm well pleased & adding a front wing,rear wing element & a couple of fire extinguishers isn't going to add more than about 10-15kg.

The bike engined version will therefore come in at around 375kg, which has got me scratching my head a bit as I can't work out why it's so light, the chassis weighs about 75kg it's got a standard 063 battery & they're not exactly little lightweight wheels & tyres! I believe that's around the same weight as the Roadrunner Sprint which is of course a single seat & using the very light R1 engine? can anyone confirm?

So what do yours weigh is anyone sub 400kg & if so how have you got there? Particularly anything mid engined?

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Mr Whippy

posted on 6/1/09 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
my beach buggy is over 600kg!

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
PAUL FISHER

posted on 6/1/09 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Was that 452kgs the weight of the car at the sva centre,as these weights are usually achieved by weighing the front and rear axle independently,then adding them together,its not very accurate,for example my 1st Indy weighed 440kgs at sva,its actual weight was 480kgs.So if this was the case you may find your car weighs nearer 500kgs.
carpmart

posted on 6/1/09 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
Mine has to be less than 350kgs for the regs Rescued attachment IMG_0941.JPG
Rescued attachment IMG_0941.JPG

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

Hellfire

posted on 6/1/09 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
I'd agree with Paul. If you had it weighed at SVA, unless you specifically asked for the vehicle weight, then the front and rear axles would be weighed separately.

Better to get it weighed independently on accurate scales.

Phil

Our blade engined Indy had an axle 1 weight of 194kg and axle 2 weight of 220kg. The actual weight of the vehicle was nearer 500kg.

[Edited on 6-1-09 by Hellfire]

Mark Allanson

posted on 6/1/09 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
My car was weighed on a single small weighbridge at SVA, a portly 700kgs fully wet!

Just glad I have twin 19" widescreen monitors Rescued attachment 06012009034.jpg
Rescued attachment 06012009034.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

David Jenkins

posted on 6/1/09 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
My locost was exactly 600kg when weighed at a local weighbridge - that's with a full tank, all the usual fluids, tool roll in the boot, etc.

flak monkey

posted on 6/1/09 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
My GTS is 625kg with a full tank etc

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

mr henderson

posted on 6/1/09 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
My car was weighed on a single small weighbridge at SVA, a portly 700kgs fully wet!

Just glad I have twin 19" widescreen monitors

I like it! No, I love it!

Valtra

posted on 10/1/09 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Love the grasser bet it's not that clean now though

"If it looks like it works and it feels like it works, then it works"

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.