Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: fuel line securing?
blakep82

posted on 30/1/09 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote
fuel line securing?

since brake pipes have to have some sort of plastic coating on them, do braided fuel lines have to also?
omega0684

posted on 30/1/09 at 11:48 PM Reply With Quote
plastic coating? r u sure? i had bare copper brake pipes throughout my car and it passed fine, as for the fuel lines i used braided hosing throughout and fastened with p-clips no more than every 6", no complaints from the sva man.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 30/1/09 at 11:51 PM Reply With Quote
sorry, braided brake lines

lol of course, rubber lines P clips
i didn't mean coating the whole fuel line, but just something to stop metal on metal, but yeah, rubber lined P clips...

I'm not the sharpest tool tonite

[Edited on 31/1/09 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

omega0684

posted on 31/1/09 at 12:23 AM Reply With Quote
the braided part of the brake line must not foul any other part of the suspension or bodywork etc when the wheels are turned from full lock turning left to full lock turning right! some people wrap the braided brakeline in a spiral plastic to protect the line but its not a obligatory. same for the back the braided hose must not foul anything
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 31/1/09 at 12:31 AM Reply With Quote
ah, mine are fully PVC coated ones from Russ so no worries there

so braided fuel lines, as long as they're secured regularly using rubber lined P clips i can't go far wrong?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

omega0684

posted on 31/1/09 at 12:52 AM Reply With Quote
no more than 6" apart, (30cm's), braided brake lines are coated in clear PVC when manufactured.
Flamez

posted on 31/1/09 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
where do you get 6" apart from?

my build mac1motorsports

nitram38

posted on 31/1/09 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
SVA manual just says "inadequately clipped". In other words as long as the pipes are secure, so 300mm is probably enough.
All though braided pipe is sleeved with plastic, anywhere the pipe could get rubbed (like corners or exposed on wishbones) they should be spiral wrapped. The sva tester made me do mine.

blakep82

posted on 31/1/09 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flamez
where do you get 6" apart from?

oh yeah! 30cm is 12" either way, you can't go wrong

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.