No make or model
Have not seen v5 have been checking on net
Have asked seller but not got answer yet
i now sva came in 1998 what happened before this
biggest thing can something be done about it
thanks

dave r

posted on 23/5/09 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
there was an amnesty period that you could have got this changed (with suitable proof it was pre sva)
now i think thats long gone, and only legal soloution would be to iva it ?

zilspeed

posted on 23/5/09 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dave r
there was an amnesty period that you could have got this changed (with suitable proof it was pre sva)
now i think thats long gone, and only legal soloution would be to iva it ?

Not neccessarily so.

My Sylva was a Vauxhall Viva according to the V5 when I first got it.
Spoke to the DVLA and they checked back their records and fixed it for me.
They have to have received something in the past to verify the change though and the only way to do this is for someone in your local DVLA office to request all the records from Swansea.

It's doable, but it's a bit stressfull to say the least.

myke pocock

posted on 23/5/09 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, my JC Midge was originally built on a a Triumph Vitesse chassis and the DVLA just added Sports to the end when I notified them of a change from 4 to 2 seats after I had built it. I got it changed in the log book to JC Midge about 18 months ago and all they really needed was to see it and verify the chassis number and engine number were as the log book. I suppose as in many cases it just depends on the way your local DVLA sees things.
iank

posted on 23/5/09 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock
Yes, my JC Midge was originally built on a a Triumph Vitesse chassis and the DVLA just added Sports to the end when I notified them of a change from 4 to 2 seats after I had built it. I got it changed in the log book to JC Midge about 18 months ago and all they really needed was to see it and verify the chassis number and engine number were as the log book. I suppose as in many cases it just depends on the way your local DVLA sees things.

Anything that uses a proper chassis is exempt from SVA/IVA as the registration stays with an unmodified chassis not the body. Just need to change the details on the V5 (colour, seats etc).

This is the deal on incorrectly registered kits, can be done but not straightforward.
http://www.totalkitcar.com/reg_articles.php

Could be a good bargaining point on the price - assuming the car could pass IVA if you wanted to look at it like that.

It does need to be sorted else it can be flagged by the MOT man on the new computer, and theoretically the car could be take from you and crushed along with a fine (iirc).

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.