Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: throttle cable help
Miks15

posted on 1/6/09 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
throttle cable help

I bought a universal venhill throttle cable kit and just wondering how it all goes together.

This is similar to mine (its the components in the middle that im not sure about)

So how does it all go together? Do the adjusters just sit at the end of the outer or are they attached in some way?

Also how do i attach the clevises? and what are the 6 bits at the top for?(the 4 stepped bits and the 2 smaller bits)

Thanks

Mikkel

twybrow

posted on 1/6/09 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
There are bits there to make up loads of different end cables. The outer, end pieces and adjusters can all be changed.

I used one of those cables, and I soldered a fitting onto the end, having chosed the right size out cable sleeve etc. Just look at the parts you have, and what you need make it up! If you can put together a BMW based locost, you can make a cable up with your eyes closed!

Miks15

posted on 1/6/09 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
well i think i know what bits i need to go where, my initial thought is that one of the solderless nipple gets put on and this sits in the end of the clevis and holds it on. Its mainly the 6 bits at the top that i dont have a clue what they are?
Mr Whippy

posted on 1/6/09 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
what you have there is a heap of fittings to make the same set up as a push bikes brakes, the 6 parts (actually there's 10) are the different types of adjuster

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
twybrow

posted on 1/6/09 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Miks15
well i think i know what bits i need to go where, my initial thought is that one of the solderless nipple gets put on and this sits in the end of the clevis and holds it on. Its mainly the 6 bits at the top that i dont have a clue what they are?

The 6 bits are the caps for the end of the cable outer.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.