Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Just got the V5+tax+plates from DVLA!!
Bluemoon

posted on 20/8/09 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Just got the V5+tax+plates from DVLA!!

After what seems an very long time since the SVA (end April) I now have the reg-details from the DVLA...

It's taken soooo long to get to this point; can't wait to go for a drive tomorrow, hopefully the weather holds!

Dan

02GF74

posted on 20/8/09 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
4 months!??!?!?!?!? 4 weeks would be long - what took so long?

I am hoping for nice weather tomorrow and weekend as I should be able to get out to drive assuming my insurance docs arrive and I can get tax.

Bluemoon

posted on 20/8/09 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Long story..

Got Mac end of April, first time pass...

Filled in V55 Build deceleration ect.

Visted DVLA in person, would not even let me submit V55 without chassis receipt, argued to no avail that I could build on myself so why did I need a receipt.. Would not let me have build up inspection without complete application... Wasted day off to try and get sorted that day if possible (as if!)..

1st I had to get MK to issue a copy of the receipt for the chassis, as DVLA would not except application without..

My fault for not getting on on the kit collection in 2004. But MK have no obligation to give me a copy 5 years, nice of them to do a copy at all.. MK took a while to get back to me, but they did..

30 day in insurance cover note expires...

Could not get insurance docs with the correct date as they would only issue 30day cover note on chassis no.. This ran out.. So eventually got full insurance docs on chassis no (good job as DVLA were sooo slow)...

Then I could apply to DVLA on 10/6/09..

DVLA did a home build inspection about 2 weeks later; I'm happy as I had no way of getting to the DVLA without spending a fortune, so a two weeks seems good.

Went on hoilday for 3 weeks assumed latter would be on door mat.. nothing..

Range DVLA.... "Your application is on the bottom of the pile, I will put it on the top, but this will need the managers attention and they are on holiday, we will process the for in one week"....

Wait

2 weeks latter rang DVLA.. Did'nt ring back within 2 hr as the said they would, after about 4 hrs get a call "we are just processing you application, there are no problems with it.."..

Today (to days after last call) docs turn up...

Can't help thinking that the kitcar applicataions end up in a dusty pile at the DVLA office untill I complained a lot! I think kitcars getinto a "difficult" pile and just sit on a desk... I guess the summer is a bad time to try and register one...

Dan

[Edited on 20/8/09 by Bluemoon]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.