Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Good evening
55ant

posted on 25/9/09 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Good evening

Well i thought i would say thanks to everyone for their advice and help with the mot issues i have had. tonight i had all my parts and got cracking! and with the use of the handy search function on this site i have been able to do it all! i now have a new steering arm gaiter, with the removal of the track arm end and a wrestling match over the track rod v gaiter! then had a play witht the carbs as the idle was set to high, now i have it set at 1k (is this ok???) and as some of you may remember the steering rack was rubbing on the engine! well turned out its not the engine its the altenator, so after having a play its all adjusted and sorted and now have about 30-40mm of clearance. so tommorow the lower ball joint and then im done!!!!!

so seen as the girlfriends away tonight ive ordered a pizza (on the joint card tee hee!) and thought id have a couple of beers, but no beer! so i'm living like a king with a questionable bottle of 'champagne'

anyone else rewarding themselves? (how long will it take for someone to make the obvious joke, you sick pervert!)

away from cars, now cycling and building TT bikes

clairetoo

posted on 25/9/09 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
I picked up the plug leads from Manecore for the V6 Fury in my garage (cash + no VAT = result ) , then spent a couple of hours making throttle linkage bits - now relaxing in front of an open fire with a JD'n'coke in hand

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

Benzine

posted on 25/9/09 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
open fire

quote:

JD

Careful!

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega0684

posted on 25/9/09 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
i went out earlier with tony for a blat in his turbo powered locost, now im watching the F1 practice session on bbc sport website. haven't had time to get in the garage today but i have all the weekend to play in the garage

haven't got any beer though, but i have just devoured the most delicious trifle!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 25/9/09 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Ive had a crap day

Tin top needs a clutch and will do a cambelt and water pump at the same time.

Any way five ours to get two nuts and one bolt out of an exhaust manifold

And my good old dremel has packed in

No beer in the fridge either

clairetoo

posted on 25/9/09 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
quote:
open fire

quote:

JD

Careful!

Dont worry - I'm putting myself between the fire and the JD

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

flak monkey

posted on 25/9/09 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Cleared some more of my garage out, need to do the stuff up in the roof now, stop some leaks, remove some ivy which is intruding and stop lime mortar falling onto everything! Once thats done I just need to kit it out with a decent bench and storage

Oh and I burnt all of the junk which I pulled out too

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

55ant

posted on 25/9/09 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

people are always out to make a few quid on ebay or give it to someone else. Recyclings ok, but burning stuff is so much cooler

away from cars, now cycling and building TT bikes

SeaBass

posted on 25/9/09 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
I've had a great evening playing with my injection map and the new wideband. I've setup the Emerald ECU to adaptive and remapped chunks as much as -20% on the fuel. It runs much better and had about 5 blasts out and back.

Funny thing is I met a guy from Belgium who also has a Locost with a 4AGE!

JC

l0rd

posted on 25/9/09 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 55ant
quote:

people are always out to make a few quid on ebay or give it to someone else. Recyclings ok, but burning stuff is so much cooler

Breaking stuff is even better.

flak monkey

posted on 25/9/09 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by l0rd
quote:
Originally posted by 55ant
quote:

Breaking stuff is even better.

Did quite a bit of that too Broke all the rotten old shelving and then burnt it.

Still burning well now I expect

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

nick205

posted on 25/9/09 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Mixed evening here TBH

The Indy was on eBay with auction finishing at 21:30 - didn't make reserve despite 1,400 hits, 88 watchers and 10 bids. Having really psyched myself up for it going I'm now annoyed it didn't - still the tax and insurance run to the end of Nov so it means I'll get a few more miles in

Also managed to "potentially" buy another Sierra 2.0 Pinto Estate (a local barn find) to compliment the Sierra 2.0 Pinto Hatch I picked up a couple of weeks ago (now sat in another local barn). So plenty of donor bits around me for a new project. Now need to find a 205 body shell to start hacking up

Homemade curry by SWMBO which was to her usual very high standard and complimented with a couple of beers and some popadums

Off to Brum tomorrow to stay with some old friends and eat curry/drink beer

Happy Weekend to all!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.