Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Better Picture or Gallery Section?
Toprivetguns

posted on 29/10/09 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Better Picture or Gallery Section?

Hi guys,

Let me first start by saying im no computer Wizz! What you have done with this website is amazing and all the hardwork by the main people is fantastic.

I was just curious if there could be a better way of viewing everyone's photo's. At the moment you can only go to the photo archive, this is right yes?

Im not sure about everyone else, but I learn a hell of lot from pictures, diagrams etc. Would we be able to have a gallery and search engine that work together?

For example, rather than posting a Query in the MK forum i.e '' I need gear linkage pictures''. Merely have a search facillity that can find all photos from each members profile with those words included. Most members label there photo's quite well so this is an added benefit.

So am I asking to much? Ideally im asking for the same setup as google. You click images, then type in your search.

Im just putting the idea out there, however I could see it really working well. All input good or bad welcome!

Cheers

[Edited on 29/10/09 by Toprivetguns]

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

speedyxjs

posted on 29/10/09 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
I think that would be a great idea. Iv spent hours searching for specific pictures but not being able to find what i want.
I believe it has been discussed before though.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Toprivetguns

posted on 29/10/09 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
Well call it a revival post, lol. Id be happy to contribute more gold or silver to the delightful person who could create this. Just think it would be highly beneficial.

Like I said its a fantastic website and im hoping this would only encourage the site to grow more

l0rd

posted on 29/10/09 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
I have raised this issue at the past. It is difficult to ask everyone to put a description on a picture.

What would be nice though, would be to have a next button when you look at a picture instead of going back and forward.

Findlay234

posted on 29/10/09 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Having the next button would be great as well but i think one of the best additions would be to be able to view the photos in thumbnail version . So someones album could be seen all at once as opposed to the current form where you view the whole album in text.....

such as...

http://www.bbruce.dsl.pipex.com/locostcarclub/photos/index.htm

maartenromijn

posted on 29/10/09 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
I think this would be a great idea. But like you I haven't got any idea how much work it would be to create this function.

Also, I would like to have an easier access to my own photo maps. For example by shortlink button which appears when you have logged on. At this time I need to scroll all over the place to get there.

BLOG: http://thunderroad-super7.blogspot.com/

Toprivetguns

posted on 29/10/09 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Well its number #2 on christmas wishlist, number #1 is Sienna miller, lol...

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.