Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: think of the planet and dont waste electricity on xmass lights.
thunderace

posted on 10/12/09 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
think of the planet and dont waste electricity on xmass lights.

lol i dont like xmass.

tegwin

posted on 10/12/09 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Hahaha..... its ok... the extra benefits that the govermnent are sending them will help them "offset their carbon foooootprint"....
nick205

posted on 10/12/09 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Humbug all the way for me - I detest Christmas

Along with Valentines, Mothers and Fathers Day, Christmas is referred to as another Clinton's day in our house (well by me anyway).

Sure it's "all about the kids" but I can't stomach being harrassed and harranged into the whole performance.

Turn the lights off, take them down, grit your teeth and get through it is my approach

eddie99

Says the guys who dont care about the emissions coming out of their car
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Irony

Surely 'common sense' and 'good taste' stop people adorning their house with huge lights and inflatable Santa's.

Sorry to be grumpy but my neighbour has a 8 foot inflatable santa that needs a fan to constantly keep it inflated. The noise is tedious. What happened to 'good will to all men'?

Richard Quinn

posted on 10/12/09 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
Surely 'common sense' and 'good taste' stop people adorning their house with huge lights and inflatable Santa's.

Sorry to be grumpy but my neighbour has a 8 foot inflatable santa that needs a fan to constantly keep it inflated. The noise is tedious. What happened to 'good will to all men'?
Exactly, my neighbours put up with drilling, grinding, engines running etc for 11 months. I can put up with their fan and tacky lights for 1 month!

MikeRJ

posted on 10/12/09 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony

Ah, the ironically named 'common' sense.

smart51

posted on 10/12/09 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Christmas used to be 12 days long. Quite a big festival. It seems to start as soon as bonfire night is over now. Its no wonder people get sick of it.

My Mum and Dad bought a string of Christmas lights the year I was born, "for the kids". These were all the lights we had as kids and they were lovely. My neighbours have so many lights on the outside of their house that I can see them flash through closed curtains. It's just too much.

A string of LED Christmas lights uses about 5W of power, normal bulbs use about 20W. 50W per household = about 1.3 GW of power, which is about 1 medium sized power station.

jabbahutt

posted on 10/12/09 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
I think with the state this country is in there are bigger things to worry about than xmas lights. Don't worry though give it a couple of years and it will be illegal to celebrate any Christian festival as it will be deemed racist.

Irony

posted on 10/12/09 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jabbahutt
I think with the state this country is in there are bigger things to worry about than xmas lights. Don't worry though give it a couple of years and it will be illegal to celebrate any Christian festival as it will be deemed racist.

hehehe don't get me started!

Steve G

posted on 10/12/09 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Never fear Jabbahutt - it will be replaced with Diwali instead!!

boggle

posted on 10/12/09 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
my old neighbours had an inflatable santa...

strange how every sat morn they would find it deflated with pellet holes in it....

i have a light outside my house this year for christmas....its the street light...shame it doesnt work thou......

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Hammerhead

posted on 10/12/09 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boggle
my old neighbours had an inflatable santa...

strange how every sat morn they would find it deflated with pellet holes in it....

i have a light outside my house this year for christmas....its the street light...shame it doesnt work thou......

I was just going to suggest shooting out any annoying lights!

Confused but excited.

posted on 10/12/09 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
You miserable bunch of gits.
I LOVE IT!

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Benzine

posted on 10/12/09 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
give it a couple of years and it will be illegal to celebrate any Christian festival

awesome

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ninehigh

posted on 12/12/09 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Have the christmas lights and turn your normal lights off to compensate you miserable gits (and that's coming from me )

Yeah it's about the kids so if you don't have any by all means don't put lights up

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.