Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: What would you do if you owned a bec
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 17/1/10 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
What would you do if you owned a bec

More HS twaddle from some idiot manager...
no wonder they are taking this country to the dogs.
#

I happen to know they had a fatal accident on their office estate.......It was a kid who just got his licence killed a young lass who was his passenger by crashing through the front wall of the estate.....none of the people in the accident had anything to do with this company......
Since then when ever we work with there lads we get told of these crazy rules.....

Stupid rules in Perth linky

[Edited on 17-1-10 by mangogrooveworkshop]

[Edited on 17-1-10 by mangogrooveworkshop]

RK

posted on 18/1/10 at 01:47 AM Reply With Quote
It's all about insurance and liability. The rulers of the modern universe.
speedyxjs

posted on 18/1/10 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
What would you do if you owned a bec

Burn it

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Danozeman

posted on 18/1/10 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
if i owned a bec id sell it and buy a cec.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

iank

posted on 18/1/10 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
Most of this nonsense comes from managers who either haven't been trained in H&S (or didn't bother to listen in their training). They often use H&S as an excuse for whatever bee they have in their bonnet that week. e.g. conkers

There are, however, a big section of these stories are scare stories the Mail and friends just to sell papers. e.g. gritting

HSE keeps a record of the nonsense ones here
http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/index.htm

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Mr Whippy

posted on 18/1/10 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
hmm your company is like 10 years behind the times, the last 4 places I've worked had a reverse park policy including my current one. Personally I agree with it, anyone who rides a motor bike knows how dangerous reversing cars are in shopping center car parks etc when no bu%%er even looks properly and then backs into you. There’s also the argument that its better to reverse when you arrive as the car windows are more likely to be clear rather than a cold car with fogged up windows and needing demisted.

In my experience the most vocal objectors are the ones who actually are crap at reversing in the first place and don't like having to do so in-between two cars.

A BEC with no reverse is still going to have be pushed back anyway whether during parking or leaving the parking space regardless of what rule is in place.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega0684

posted on 18/1/10 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman
if i owned a bec id sell it and buy a cec.

Dammit! you beat me to it! exactly what i was going to say!

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DIY Si

posted on 18/1/10 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
What you'd need to do is take fully on board two of the rules on that sign. Accept the challenge of having no reverse and figure how just the right manoeuvre to do a handbrake/power 180 just in time to roll backwards into the space! Simples.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

gingerprince

posted on 18/1/10 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
A BEC with no reverse is still going to have be pushed back anyway whether during parking or leaving the parking space regardless of what rule is in place.

Whenever I take my MK to work, I always push it back into the space. Don't know whether that's just for vanity though, because it looks better from the front

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2760
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 18/1/10 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince
quote:

Whenever I take my MK to work, I always push it back into the space. Don't know whether that's just for vanity though, because it looks better from the front

You do that so that cec owners can see what the front looks like as generally they only see the back

Richard Quinn

posted on 18/1/10 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
What would you do if you owned a bec? Reverse park, Accept challenges - nuff said!
Howlor

posted on 18/1/10 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Spot the woman driver in the picture!
GeorgeM

posted on 18/1/10 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
hmm your company is like 10 years behind the times, the last 4 places I've worked had a reverse park policy including my current one. Personally I agree with it, anyone who rides a motor bike knows how dangerous reversing cars are in shopping center car parks etc when no bu%%er even looks properly and then backs into you. There’s also the argument that its better to reverse when you arrive as the car windows are more likely to be clear rather than a cold car with fogged up windows and needing demisted.

In my experience the most vocal objectors are the ones who actually are crap at reversing in the first place and don't like having to do so in-between two cars.

+1

Annoys me with all the people who insist on reversing out of their drives as well. The Highway code still says you should not.

Most people drive in forwards through laziness, -worry about getting out when it comes to it.

My conscience is clear - I drive a GREEN car
MNR Racing
essexkitcarclub.com

MikeFellows

posted on 18/1/10 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldnt be able to resist, I would have to park the opposite way

my brain wouldnt let me conform

Ninehigh

posted on 19/1/10 at 12:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeM
Most people drive in forwards through laziness, -worry about getting out when it comes to it.

I drive in forwards because it's not on a main road (and I can see all the way down the road whichever way I drive in) and the drive is tight anyway and reversing is a great pita. If I lived on a main road I would reverse in or make room to turn round outside my house.

Yeah you should be reversing into spaces, and you'd probably see a lot more of it in car parks if the shopping went in the front

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.