Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Not to everyone's taste, but I like the Mod... (this afternoons job)
RK

posted on 28/2/10 at 01:24 AM Reply With Quote
On the other hand, I know of one sevenalike that has an SR20DET in it, that overheats when you look at it, and it has side vents like that too. So it won't hurt, but won't cure inherent problems.

I do wish I'd done that on mine though, but I was in too big of a hurry to put my panels on. Plus, I didn't think of it at the time. A lot of neat stuff comes to mind AFTER, doesn't it?

James

posted on 28/2/10 at 01:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR

How much less effective is a grill at the part where the side meets the end of the footwell?

Wondering that myself.

There's definately a case for relieving under-bonnet pressure in addition to getting the hot air out. (the reason a gap appears where my bonnet/scuttle meet at speed)

But, effective as these side panels undoubtedly are, aesthetically I'd prefer mesh covered holes/vents instead. Wondering if they'd be at all as effective?

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

procomp

posted on 28/2/10 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Dax did it first .Lol We procomp did it to the very first SE's that we built for racing. The Newey cars. We have been doing it that way ever since on many Westfields and has been a standard feature on the LA Golds since we produced them in various guises.

The trouble is that very few seem to understand what is needed to make the effect work and not become a deficit to the cooling rather than a gain. Just putting the sides on can have a negative effect unless they are done properly and other measures are taken also.

Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR

posted on 28/2/10 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
i think i can guess what mods your talking about - and its possibly related to a recent thread on here about aerodynamics.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.