Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Have I made the wrong wheel choice??
franky

posted on 27/3/10 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ian86
with those 17's you need to get bigger brakes, just doesn'tlook right for me. fill the rim.

The brakes are 286mm..... don't need any bigger on a kit! Apart from people's opinions on 17's it seems like I've got a good deal then.

[Edited on 27/3/10 by franky]

progers

posted on 27/3/10 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by franky
I'm not worried about the tiny fractions of a second smaller wheels would save me. These are lighter than most 15" wheels.

Not only will you be slower, 17's will ruin the handling and ride of a seven. Maybe they look nice, but bouncing off into the weeds on a bumpy country road when the rear end lets go unpredictably is not my cup of tea

Each to their own I suppose

- Paul

franky

posted on 27/3/10 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by progers
quote:
Originally posted by franky
I'm not worried about the tiny fractions of a second smaller wheels would save me. These are lighter than most 15" wheels.

Not only will you be slower, 17's will ruin the handling and ride of a seven. Maybe they look nice, but bouncing off into the weeds on a bumpy country road when the rear end lets go unpredictably is not my cup of tea

Each to their own I suppose

- Paul

I nearly spat my tea over the laptop then!

Thats never going to happen because of 17" wheels over 15, especially lightweight ones. They're hardly going to cause any of what you said to happen, thats one of the boldest statements I've read on here.

The car that won Kit car of the year 2007 in the handling department ran on 17's. Its not going to ruin the ride or handling as long as the car is set up. We're only talking about bits of a second for the top 5-10% of fast trackday drivers/racers.

wilkingj

posted on 27/3/10 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
Its all a matter of relative scaling.

You really need a Bigger CAR

Like a Viento, then they will look fine

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.