Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: TIG welding in the south
phelpsa

posted on 29/6/10 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
TIG welding in the south

I'm going to chop and baffle a sump for the GSXR engine, which will also involve shortening the oil pickup. I have the sump, i have the aluminium plate (3mm) and by the end of the weekend I should have it all ready to be glued together. The only problem I have is that I can't TIG weld

A friend has offered to do it in his half hour lunch break, but he's quite a distance away and i fear it may be more than half an hours work. Would anyone else in the south be willing to help out a fellow LocostBuilder?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phelpsa

posted on 29/6/10 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
I probably ought to add that i'd quite like to get it done for the airfield day on the 9th July

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pewe

posted on 29/6/10 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
Roger Clarke 12 Shaftesbury Rd just off Oxford Rd in West Reading usually turns stuff around in a couple of days and his prices are good.
Tel: 01189507735 just in case he's busy/on hols.

BTW is that N Weald? Craig (akaKeith) and I are going.

Cheers, Pewe

phelpsa

posted on 29/6/10 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks! Will bear that in mind

And yes, North Weald. Its a big rush to sort all the finishing touches on the car!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.