Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: bloody garage
chrisxr2

posted on 10/1/11 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
bloody garage

Nipped down to the garage i rent of the council to give the roadster a once over and its damp as a damp thing, and obviously leaky. (The garage not the car) Took months to find a place to the store the car, and to be honest it wouldnt be too worse of outside with a cover, need to look for somewhere else to store it. Dont get much for 40 quid a month though, even in lincolnshire.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

mcerd1

posted on 10/1/11 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
I assume you'll be asking the council to sort it

but look on the bright side - at least yours won't be leaking as much as mine

-

chrisxr2

posted on 10/1/11 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
will try

took forever to get the hole fixed, and got free rent for 5 months and compensation, will look at sorting it a bit mysef first methinks.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

ChrisW

posted on 10/1/11 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Get a shipping container. Well pleased with my two. Just popped over to make sure all was well - not a hint of condensation inside!

Chris

[Edited on 1/10/2011 by ChrisW]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mads

posted on 10/1/11 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Chris,
what sort of price do those containers cost? and how wide are they... cant see how a seven would fit in one of those!

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

ashg

posted on 10/1/11 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
they do there are at least 2 people building roadsters in them over on the haynes forum
catman

posted on 10/1/11 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
they cost about £800-1000 dropped off at your place, but you should be able to sell it for simular when finished, make sure you get one with insulation roof or you will get condensation.

Ed

caged supersix
Carbon/GRP
210 bhp silvertop
190 lbft

ChrisW

posted on 10/1/11 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
The regular size is 8ft wide by 8ft high. 'high cube' are 9.5ft high. You can get 40ft or 20ft length.

I got two delivered, both 40ft, one regular height one high cube, for £3200. That seemed fair. I pay a tenner a week per container to a farmer to keep them on his land. No insulation in them, but I do have them raised 3ft up off the ground on concrete blocks so they don't get damp rising up from the ground.

Add a lock box - there's a guy on eBay that sells them - and they're pretty secure too.

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bigfoot4616

posted on 10/1/11 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
the one i rent for work storage has an insulated roof and still condensates. costs me £130 a month as well

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.