Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: WTD: The Golf magazine engine swap article
James

posted on 19/1/11 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
WTD: The Golf magazine engine swap article

Does anybody on here get The Golf magazine? (as in car type... not the game involving little white balls and sticks! )

There's a 2-part article in both this months and last months about engine swaps and putting a 1.8t into a Mk2 Golf.

Really interested in doing this myself but can't find this months magazine around here anywhere and no chance on last months!

If anyone has it and would scan/copy it that'd be brilliant.

Thanks!

James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Jasper

posted on 19/1/11 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
You've not still got that old Golf have you James?

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

James

posted on 19/1/11 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
You've not still got that old Golf have you James?

Much to Rach (and the neighbour's) ongoing distress, indeed I have!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

tomgregory2000

posted on 19/1/11 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Have you tryed to contact the mag for back issues?
Steve Hignett

posted on 19/1/11 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
I've been reading about this swap for the last couple of weeks (in both MK1 and MK2 mags) I will send you all the links when I get home, but they are all just from typing "mk2 1.8t" and "mk2 20v" into google. Stick the word conversion in there too if you fancy it...

It seems a damn sight easier in the MK2 (engine/gearbox mounts don't need changing) as long you get the correct engine (code) and gearbox (code)

Drop me a U2U if you're going to attempt it and I'd be happy to share notes, and maybe even give you a hand if I could get over your way!

austin man

posted on 19/1/11 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
the 2001 engines onward have drive by wire I think mines an AGU code had it remapped runs around 195 BHP with no other mods.

They are not so good with only 150 bhp deffinitely need the remap to get the ponies trotting. Its a strong engine and apparently 300bhp is achievable without too much effort

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.