Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Weird afternoon but Some Free Tools- result!
James

posted on 8/4/11 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Weird afternoon but Some Free Tools- result!

With the help of her automatic car the old lady opposite my parents has demolished half her garage- now rebuilt with electric roller door.

Seeing her in the drive I pop over just to have a chat and up close look at the new garage.

We get talking and I offer to move some boxes of what she calls "rubbish" out the way so she can get car in.

I point out that the boxes are full of tools and she might not want to get rid. She tells me I can help myself to anything I want (and any other tools in the garage) as she can't use them and her son isn't practical at all.

Result!

Slide hammer, mitre frame, g-cramps, tap and die set, impact driver, imperial callipers etc. etc. so I was all happy!

Then she told me about how she'd had so much "junk" to clear out from her husbands workshop (he had a weird hobby of repairing old hoovers- don't ask) and it'd taken 2 men and a massive van to take away all the tools and rubbish. Including a metal lathe and a wood lathe! The thought of her paying someone to take away a lathe she'd have given me!

Ah well, free tools!

What was a bit weird was finding in amongst the tools about 20 Heaf test needles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaf_test

And more weird.... a bag of about 30 speculums!!! Hubby had been a Doctor... taking your work home with you???

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

chrisxr2

posted on 8/4/11 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
monty python

you lucky lucky barsteward

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

SeaBass

posted on 8/4/11 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
It's a classic issue. A friend purchased a house with fully stocked workshop that was seen by the seller as junk.
BenB

posted on 8/4/11 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
With the help of her automatic car the old lady opposite my parents has demolished half her garage- now rebuilt with electric roller door.

Seeing her in the drive I pop over just to have a chat and up close look at the new garage.

We get talking and I offer to move some boxes of what she calls "rubbish" out the way so she can get car in.

I point out that the boxes are full of tools and she might not want to get rid. She tells me I can help myself to anything I want (and any other tools in the garage) as she can't use them and her son isn't practical at all.

Result!

Slide hammer, mitre frame, g-cramps, tap and die set, impact driver, imperial callipers etc. etc. so I was all happy!

Then she told me about how she'd had so much "junk" to clear out from her husbands workshop (he had a weird hobby of repairing old hoovers- don't ask) and it'd taken 2 men and a massive van to take away all the tools and rubbish. Including a metal lathe and a wood lathe! The thought of her paying someone to take away a lathe she'd have given me!

Ah well, free tools!

What was a bit weird was finding in amongst the tools about 20 Heaf test needles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaf_test

And more weird.... a bag of about 30 speculums!!! Hubby had been a Doctor... taking your work home with you???

Cheers,
James

Well they do say you should never give up on gynaecology completely. Important to keep your hand in and all that

David Jenkins

posted on 9/4/11 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Well they do say you should never give up on gynaecology completely. Important to keep your hand in and all that

Doctor joke alert!

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 9/4/11 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Just shows that its good to be nice to people.
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.