Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Nice story and encouragement..
Bluemoon

posted on 27/5/11 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
Nice story and encouragement..

http://www.lotuseleven.org/Rescue&Resto/Ken%27sEleven.htm

nice story great what can be done if you put you mind to it..

Dan

sprouts-car

posted on 27/5/11 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Thats a great story! Its hard enough for the rest of us to build these thing. I can't even imagen being able to produce something of that quality with the difficults he has. Well done that man!

Build blog

Confused but excited.

posted on 27/5/11 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
Totally blew me away!

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

jeffw

posted on 27/5/11 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
Occasionally you read something which humbles you...this is such a article. Great story.

steve m

posted on 27/5/11 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Rather humbling really

well done Ken

DH2

posted on 27/5/11 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Well done Ken, an inspriational story.

Unfortunately, not everyone is that lucky (if you can call it that). My father had a major stroke in 1996 (aged only 53), but has not regained use of his disabled arm and hand, and only partial use in his affected leg. Prior to the stroke he was a hands-on car enthusiast, and his purchase of a classic MG is what got me into playing with cars as a youngster. Now he can "only" (it's invaluable to me!) be at the end of a phone for me when I need some mechanical or electrical advice.
He now devotes alot of his retirement to helping other people who have suffered strokes, raising stroke awareness, and working with medical groups on modern stroke treatment techniques. Whilst I devote my time to restoring that MG which is currently resident in my garage, and I look forward to taking him in it once it is finished.

Sadly, not everyone is even as lucky as that, and stroke kills far too many people in this country. Taking a very small amount of time to make yourself aware of the symptoms, might make a massive difference to you, your family, or even a complete stranger... you may well have seen the TV advertising campaign Act FAST.

As you may be able to tell, I've had this stuff drummed into me, after our family learned the hard way.

DH2

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.