Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Building a 7 for under 500 Quid
Krismc

posted on 21/9/12 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Building a 7 for under 500 Quid

....right now i got your attention.

Im buidling a wooden 7 for my daughter, shes only 1 but she deserves it

Ive got the frame sorted, Ive got rear axel assembly and adjustment sorted along with power supply and motor( in hand), what im struggling with is the front axle/steering.

Stub axles are too be made with 20mm x 1.5mm thin walled tube, I cant weld so help please making something cheap and with round bar, threaded bar, eyebolts etc (stuff i already got)

Ive got ideas, but would like others.

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

blakep82

posted on 21/9/12 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
look at go kart uprights maybe?
might be some cheap on ebay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=go%20kart%20stub%20axle&_sop=2

[Edited on 21/9/12 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Krismc

posted on 21/9/12 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Didnt really want too buy anything, and they all seem to be 17mm, my wheels are 20mm (well they actually from hong kong so are really 21mm must has expanded in transit)

Was thinking of bending some 8mm eyebolts, drilling 2 holes through stub axle and locking it in place with nuts and washers. then id have 2 eye bolts pointing back over, not sure how im making the steering yet.

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Krismc

posted on 21/9/12 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
This is my design...................

Im just not sure on lenghts A and B, in reality the wheel needs to be as close to chassis as possible, its a 12inch wheel so it will be about 4-6inches away from chassis.

Krismc

posted on 22/9/12 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
No one??

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.