Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyvan
I predict a Riot

posted on 27/11/12 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
Anyvan

I have just bought a VW Polo on eBay that is located three and a half hours away from me in Cleveland and I have been told of a van delivery auction site called Anyvan.

You enter the collection and delivery addresses with a brief description of the goods and courier companies bid to win the job.

Sounds a good idea to me .

Does anyone have any experience of using this site.

It's going to cost me a full day off, plus fuel, to go and collect the car, so this looks interesting, assuming the price is right of course.

http://www.anyvan.com/

"Honesty is a very expensive gift. Do not expect it from cheap people ". Warren Buffet on Expectation

tegwin

posted on 27/11/12 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.shiply.com/ works in the same way...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

designer

posted on 27/11/12 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
I always use Shiply.com and it is probably cheaper.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Wheels244

posted on 27/11/12 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
I've never had any luck with Shiply.

I've just received the ZX9R engine package that I bought off Dan.

Best Shipley price was £89

I got it collected and delivered for £48 by Speedshift.

I don't thing you'll get a Polo on a pallet though

HappyFather

posted on 27/11/12 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
I used shiply too and not anyvan, but the way they work is similar. I can't add to what others before me said.

Just want to leave a word of warning about a company that works on both sites: EBCargo (ebuk). They provide a poor job and you may get more problems than expected. I posted 2 years ago my bad experience on my build blog and I've received some feedback from other people with complaints too.
Link to the story and other people's comments below: http://happyblade.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/eb-cargo-bad-service-and-partial-refund.html

Ninehigh

posted on 27/11/12 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
Where's Cleveland? Maybe one of us could bring it to you for train fare home?

I predict a Riot

posted on 27/11/12 at 11:49 PM Reply With Quote
Very kind nine high but the engine needs sorting I don't think it will get here at the moment.

I have put a request on both Anyvan and Shipley. At the moment Shipley is winning.

"Honesty is a very expensive gift. Do not expect it from cheap people ". Warren Buffet on Expectation

PSpirine

posted on 28/11/12 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
Used shiply twice to get two cars moved before, both times got excellent service and a brilliant price (if you're flexible on dates/time, you can get a bargain when someone's doing a return trip... I managed to get a car delivered from Guildford to Coventry for about £60 because they guy was returning to Liverpool after dropping something off in London).
Krismc

posted on 28/11/12 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
I got my car delivered 100 miles for £100, it was delivered 3 hrs late so gave me £20 off. Better than hiring a trailer and paying juice

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.