Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Does anyone have these seats? Any good?
mark.s

posted on 13/1/08 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Go for the MK one's...wish i had,
they will fit
they are strong
they do them in differant colours
and there NOT £350

bracey

posted on 13/1/08 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
mk ones ,great seats
scotty g

posted on 14/1/08 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Rally design are planning on doing these MK type seats later this year, should be cheaper than most others.
procomp

posted on 14/1/08 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Hi if the cars being used for motorsport You did say in the original post.

You will find that a £60 proper foam seat offers much more support than any of the fibreglass ones. And the foam seats are a perfect fit to the car and you are a perfect fit to the seat. And weight wise come in at 3.5 kg.

Just taking the light weight carbon seat out of the car i am racing this year as it weighs in at 5 kg with its mountings

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mad gaz
Builder

Posts 190
Registered 20/9/07
Location doncaster

Photo Archive Go!
Building: indy blade built indy spec r ,another indy r busa

posted on 14/1/08 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
use the MK seat mark in kawasaki green with carbon tops and black backs a perfect match for your car.KOOL AS
Triton

posted on 15/1/08 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi if the cars being used for motorsport You did say in the original post.

You will find that a £60 proper foam seat offers much more support than any of the fibreglass ones. And the foam seats are a perfect fit to the car and you are a perfect fit to the seat. And weight wise come in at 3.5 kg.

Just taking the light weight carbon seat out of the car i am racing this year as it weighs in at 5 kg with its mountings

Cheers Matt

Not exactly light then...ours are 4.5 kgs and can be fitted direct to the floor and fibreglass double skinned jobbies with no flexing...indeed you get what you pay for but things can be a tad over priced...we make and sell our own seats from a rough n ready workshop in Cornwall so keep prices "Locost". Tried carbon but waste of time as daft money and never really any good unless pre preg and auto claved....who would be mad enough to pay a grand for a seat anyway!!!

We have 5 versions of the smoothy seat and then there is the wizardy hat type...(was available from Raldes but that's another story.......)

Cheers,
Mark

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 16/1/08 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
High sided smoothy's,Low sided smoothy's, low back smoothy's are £95.00 each or £180.00 per pair. The wide beasts are both £105.00 each or £200 per pair...and all shine like shiney things and no flex.
All can be mounted direct to the floor or fitted to seat runners.
Made to order but now doing them every day Monday to Friday we are making in roads to turning orders round real quick...Saturdays are my playing days or will never get the "mad beast" done but folk are welcome to visit if they don't mind the smell of resin and the odd bit of organised chaos....

Cheers, Mark

Mark G

posted on 16/1/08 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Where abouts in Cornwall are you? I'd like to sit in the seats ideally?

Also IF I wanted to use runners which runners do I need to fit your seats?

procomp

posted on 17/1/08 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
Hi yes but your seats offer no support where it is needed for a competion car. Where as the proper foam jobs are a perfect fit and offer all the support you need and for £60 if we are talking LOW COST.

However i know there will be some proper carbon seats available for less than £150 by the middle of 2008. And the tillett ones are not a £1000 they are more like £350 And are a little bit better than some available. TILLETT LINK

Cheers Matt

Triton

posted on 17/1/08 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
Reverie seats are a grand for carbon unless I made it up???....£350 is still mad money for a seat....
Carbon splinters when wollaped so I wouldn't fancy being sat in one...bad enough working with the stuff as the splinters are horrendous!!

Our seats have plenty of support, perhaps not as much as a custom made foam jobbie but certainly in same league as the Tillet jobbies and at half the price...

Based just outside Penryn near the looney double roundabouts on the A390.

Cheers,
Mark

procomp

posted on 17/1/08 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Hi i no that £350 is overpriced for a proper carbon seat thats why some one is going to be doing some the same quality as the top end ones but for £150 soon.

Cheers Matt

Triton

posted on 17/1/08 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hi i no that £350 is overpriced for a proper carbon seat thats why some one is going to be doing some the same quality as the top end ones but for £150 soon.

Cheers Matt

Carbon Mods by any chance?..........

Mark

Mark G

posted on 17/1/08 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
That seems very cheap. I'd be worried that they're not up to the job!

Triton

posted on 17/1/08 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
A good test is to grab the seat once fitted to the car and try and twist it...some do...!
Imagine giving it the hullygully into yer fav bend and the seat flexes making it feel like you are sliding..

Mark

procomp

posted on 18/1/08 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Hi i wont say more until the company has them available but it ain't carbon mods.

And yes they will be up to the job .

Cheers Matt

Triton

posted on 18/1/08 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hi i wont say more until the company has them available but it ain't carbon mods.

And yes they will be up to the job .

Cheers Matt

Tickety boo...
Mark

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.