Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: What's my donor worth?
TimC

posted on 23/2/08 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
What's my donor worth?

Hi folks
I bought a Sierra a few months ago with a view to being able to sell it on to a Locoster once I was finished with it. It's a 1992 1.6 (CVH) base model. I bought it for £450 and apart from a few dents from a struggling learner, it was near immaculate. In the intervening period, some ar$e hole reversed into the back of it with a tow hitch and smashed the bumper, rear light and put a nice ball-shaped indentation underneath the light. I've also found that the thermostat isn't sealed properly. There is an odd rattle which I haven't investigated. There's a couple of months tax and MOT for a few months. Gearbox is sweet as are brakes, diff etc - only 81k miles. Basically, it's a spot on donor apart from the CVH which was never a great thing. I can however supply a nicely painted 1.6 Pinto block FOC with the car.
14" Alloys and 4 good tyres too.
What's reasonable to ask?
Thanks!

mad4x4

posted on 23/2/08 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
With an MOT about £100 - 250

Without an MOT £50

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

scotty g

posted on 24/2/08 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
a sierra with MOT on ebay seems to be making at least £300 at the moment and without one its worth at least £80 scrap so you should be able to get £100 for it, if not more.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.