Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Help with Kit car option please
Hellfire

posted on 29/4/08 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry guys but if I had a £15K budget for a toy, I wouldn't even bother looking at building a kit. I'd go for either a well sorted, second hand Megabusa Westy or factory built Caterham (again second hand).

Yes, you could build a very nice MK, MNR, MAC#1 or whatever for £15K but with a Westy or Caterham, you're also getting the decades of development that have gone into the car and you also have to consider re-sale values. (IMHO)

Phil

marksilver

posted on 29/4/08 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Ive considered it Phil but surely a kit car is exactly that. Something you take great pleasure in building and feel proud of the first day you take it out for a drive.

I'm in it just as much for the build experience. Want to learn how a car is put together etc etc.

But yeah i do know what you are saying

Mark

Hellfire

posted on 29/4/08 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marksilver
Ive considered it Phil but surely a kit car is exactly that. Something you take great pleasure in building and feel proud of the first day you take it out for a drive.

I'm in it just as much for the build experience. Want to learn how a car is put together etc etc.

But yeah i do know what you are saying

Mark

Most definitely! The build for me was a great experience and I enjoy driving it equally as much. I'd stick 5K in the bank though and build one for 10K (but that's just me).

Phil

marksilver

posted on 29/4/08 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Phil its more like i will borrow less from the bank and pay a lower monthly payment haha
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.