Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: would this work?
dougster

posted on 11/12/08 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
would this work?

hi all not been on for a while due to other projects taking up too much time.

would it be possible to space frame my rotten anglia using the haynes roadster chassis build with obviously changes to width and length.

i basically want to build a frame and drop the body onto it,

Hammerhead

posted on 11/12/08 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
not sure, but I bet there are a few space framed anglias about, I 'd try searching on google or some ford forums might help you out.

I was thinking about space framed 'classic' with 4x4 cosworth running gear. Tasty.

BenB

posted on 11/12/08 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Yes and No

Yes- in principal you could drop a Anglia body onto a spaceframe chassis.

No- by the time you've adjusted for the fact that the Anglia is a different shape, wheelbase, width, length etc you'ld end up basically designing a new chassis!!! It'd take a long time and at the end would have very little (if anything) to do with the Roadster chassis...

nick205

posted on 11/12/08 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
There was a guy on here who fitted a Reliant kitten body (IIRC) onto an MK Indy chasis. Not sure if he finished it....

Mr Whippy

posted on 11/12/08 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
You could just drop the body onto the prepped floor pan of some more modern car with a similar wheelbase say a fiesta or astra. Quite common custom trick but requires good measuring and fabrication skills to end up with a safe and straight car. The benefit is you end up with a classic old car that has modern suspension and a better engine without much money

[Edited on 11/12/08 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ivan

posted on 11/12/08 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
I think it could work except you will be sitting in the back seat or with the rear window through your head . So you might as well design a spaceframe from scratch to suit.

I have thought of doing something similar with my Cobra which is a much better fit for a locost chassis than the Anglia

smart51

posted on 11/12/08 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan
I think it could work except you will be sitting in the back seat

I like the sound of that. "Dad, dad, look! There's no-one driving that car!"

will121

posted on 11/12/08 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
You could just drop the body onto the prepped floor pan of some more modern car with a similar wheelbase say a fiesta or astra. Quite common custom trick but requires good measuring and fabrication skills to end up with a safe and straight car. The benefit is you end up with a classic old car that has modern suspension and a better engine without much money

as above think it would be difficult to try and fit body to a standard pre made Haynes Chassis (but no doubt possible with bit of adaption), few space framed cars about in Silhouette classes
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/766206.htm

[Edited on 11/12/08 by will121] Rescued attachment space frame.jpg
Rescued attachment space frame.jpg

dougster

posted on 12/12/08 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
thx for the replies, something i,ll look more into when i get the car in the garage

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.