Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Trackday Insurance lots of questions!
scutter

posted on 1/2/09 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Trackday Insurance lots of questions!

I've done a quick search, with limited results.

Who takes out trackday insurance amongst you all?

I read prices of about £100-£200 per event mentioned is this what i should expect?

From what I can gather there is no third party insurance at trackdays, i.e. everyone is aware of the risk and just accepts some biffa may run into them, if so with a low value car is insurance worth while at all?

Just trying to get my head straight before I go anywhere near a track.

Many thanks Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob tatt

posted on 1/2/09 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
never bothered my self, you pays your money you takes your chance
hobbsy

posted on 1/2/09 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Also check the excess on these policies.

When I looked ages ago it was £700 or £800 excess. This was in my performance tin top before I had a kit car.

Depending on how bad you spank it it might not even be worth claiming. How many track days are you thinking of doing too?

Add up all those £100 to £200 per event and put it in the bank and you can have your own insurance fund

Jubal

posted on 1/2/09 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
I was insured via HIC on the kit and they gave "free" trackday cover with a 500 excess. However I was paying twice as much as elsewhere so not free, but certainly a LOT cheaper than insuring by the day. I was doing a lot of days so I figured it was worth the extra to cover myself. Coming togethers are VERY rare as the rules are clear at most days but as there's no third party cover it's up to you to be defensive.

The example is someone diving up the inside before a corner. Clearly his fault as he shouldn't do it but if you turn in on him then you'll be paying your own bills. Use your mirrors and you'll be fine.

hobzy

posted on 1/2/09 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Have to say never bothered in the tintop. As has been said, comings together are very rare, and the excess isnt worth it, neither is the loss of NCB. Better off spending half that money on some instruction if its a new track - it'll save you spending half the day learning the lines...

contaminated

posted on 1/2/09 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I take the cover. Don't pay any more than 10% as an excess, which is about the going rate. One firm recently quoted me 5 free track days a year (1 could be overseas), but the policy was £150 more expensive. Good value if you do all five though.
scutter

posted on 1/2/09 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Many thanks for all your opinions, as i'm only planning 2-3 days and my cars not worth too much anyway, I think i won't bother.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.