Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Garage Rental
Pdlewis

posted on 23/1/10 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Garage Rental

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone rents a garage to keep their car in if so where do you find the adverts for these?

I have just moved down to reading (into a flat) and have no where to keep the car the options are try and find somewhere to rent not knowing the area i dont know where is good or bad or sell the car as its not alot of use to me sitting doing nothing with a pile of upgrades to do over 100 miles away in the midlands!

Build Photo Album

Updated 05/02/2009

Benzine

posted on 23/1/10 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
I have rented a couple of different places in the past, both were a pain to find. Gumtree can be good for some (not for me as it concentrates on cities, not out in the country), I used the local paper to find the ones I used but that's annoying as it takes a week to print and costs £25.

I think word of mouth is probably best, i just don't know enough people to find out where these places are. At the moment I'm looking for somewhere big enough to store a few cars. The local storage place would cost a fortune so I'll have to drive/phone around like a madman til I find somewhere.

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 23/1/10 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Check with the local council, that's how I found mine. Cheaper than anyone else as well
corrado vr6

posted on 23/1/10 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Any farms near you? Im doing my build in an un-used barn rented out to me by a freindly farmer and its bigger than a double garage

http://r1indy7.wordpress.com/

Dan.

posted on 27/1/10 at 02:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by corrado vr6
Any farms near you? Im doing my build in an un-used barn rented out to me by a freindly farmer and its bigger than a double garage

ditto... Much bigger and has a lift too!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.