Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Don't you just hate it when...
David Jenkins

posted on 11/4/10 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
Don't you just hate it when...

You've re-assembled the wipers, fitted everything perfectly, refitted the dashboard (a fiddly job) and reconnected all the connectors - then you realise that the wipers are parking on the wrong side!

So I take it all to bits again, strip the wiper motor and reposition the little ramp that stops the motor in the right place - then the little e-clip that holds the wheel's spindle in place pings off and clicks to a landing in some remote part of the garage... no way that's going to be found again.

So I then take a trip into town to get another clip - none of them as skinny as the original, but I eventually find one that fits.

Finally, everything is together and I try to crank over the engine, after lying idle for 3 months - doesn't want to start. Coughs, splutters, but generally non-starting... took out a plug, looks wet, but now the battery's flat. When I took the plug out I managed to crack the insulation... doh!

Ended up by going out to the pub, playing (and winning!) a couple of games of boule, then settled in for a pub lunch.

I'll have another go at the car once the battery's recharged... probably tomorrow.

NigeEss

posted on 11/4/10 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
Bugger.

At least it ended well

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

coozer

posted on 11/4/10 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Aye, the bottle always helps there

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

eddie99

posted on 11/4/10 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a crap day! Sorry mate, it can only get better

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.