Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: um...
55ant

posted on 18/6/10 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
um...

bargain?

if im not mistaken, that looks like a rather wildly bodged mk2 mr2?? not a kit though, a supercar!!!!!!!

away from cars, now cycling and building TT bikes

stevec

posted on 18/6/10 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Based on the theory that there is one born every minute he will probably sell it.

Steve

matt_gsxr

posted on 18/6/10 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
I like the silver mohican look in picture 3.

Its not a beauty though is it.

Davegtst

posted on 18/6/10 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Although it seems to be based on an mr2 it seems nearly everything has been altered apart from a few things like the mirrors and windscreen. Would be nice to see how they got a V8 in the back.
jossey

posted on 18/6/10 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Thats amazing. what super car does it look like.

and only £29,000

wowwwwww

i had seen a brand new Bmw 525d with all the extras for that with 18" wheels and 3 year warranty but noooooo!

my calls have been answered.

1 of only 2 in the Uk as well.

and it doesnt look like a MR2 with a crap kit bolted on it at all.

Ps if this is your car! sorry but are you f**kin mad.

cheers

dave

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
speed8

posted on 18/6/10 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
hahahahahahahahahahaha.........

I nearly spat my beer out when I looked at that, you should have put a warning on it

quinnj3

posted on 18/6/10 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
typed the description into google, came up with this. It might answer a question or two.. Not a kit car my A**.
click here

Whoops, I might have been a bit quick to judge. Seems like the car is not a kit car. It is manufactured in South Africa.
The fact the guy has to state that its not a kit car though means that it must be of amaturish quality.

[Edited on 18/6/10 by quinnj3]

LBMEFM

posted on 19/6/10 at 05:50 AM Reply With Quote
Fiat Head lamp covers - Exige Scoop - Ferrari style rear lights
Ivan

posted on 19/6/10 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
The Tazio was manufactured in Tokai - a suburb of Cape Town - and marketed as a kit car. It had a space frame chassis and came in two sizes - a slightly shortened one that took 4 cylinder motor, if I recall with transverse installation and a rear boot, and a lengthened one for longitudinal V8.

The designer/builder was well capable of producing sweet handling cars and it looked good in the flesh because it was so tiny. For it's time (Approx 15 years ago) it was most probably one of the best looking kit cars around and I think it is being very harshly judged by those of you on here.

I can actually remember this one being built by the factory and the air scoop on the roof was an extra demanded by the owner in England who wanted to race it. All here agreed that it spoilt the car and was unnecessary.

Unfortunately never got to drive or ride in one so can't attest to it's abilities.

PS - the car had nothing to do with me - as a petrolhead I used to visit the factory occasionally to watch what was happening - however I seriously thought of getting one but decided to stick with my Cobra.

[Edited on 19/6/10 by Ivan]

RK

posted on 19/6/10 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
what a deal! and only 2,995! Give or take a decimal place.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.