Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Highly reccomended welding firm
40inches

posted on 13/7/10 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Highly reccomended welding firm

JNC Welding. Found them via Google, took them at their word "Our family work ethic means that we won't turn you away if you walk in our welding shop with a frying pan that needs the handle re-attaching, or modification of a car part." walked in the workshop, showed them my exhaust that I had tacked, Nick stopped what he was doing, took it off me and TIG welded it, there and then, took 20mins and he charged £10. I had a look round while he was welding. a typical Sheffield "little Mester" workshop, organised chaos, with alloy wheels in for repair and an aluminium header from a race bike being welded.
My sort of place and very friendly

BenB

posted on 13/7/10 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Wow. Quality Shame it's rather a long way away!
blakep82

posted on 13/7/10 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
shame my local place wasn't like that when i went in with a few bits lol.

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

40inches

posted on 13/7/10 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82

Neither was my local firm Blake, about a mile from home, they do hybid turbo conversions for VW/Audi group cars and fabricate the most amazing headers, but, "far to busy to be bothered with jobs like that mate"

JoelP

posted on 13/7/10 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
good price too!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

40inches

posted on 13/7/10 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
good price too!

Nick said he liked people to bring in one offs, he got bored doing the repetitive bread and butter stuff

blakep82

posted on 13/7/10 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:

Neither was my local firm Blake, about a mile from home, they do hybid turbo conversions for VW/Audi group cars and fabricate the most amazing headers, but, "far to busy to be bothered with jobs like that mate"

wekk to be fair they did weld the brake brackets on my axle for me there and then, for £10. but next time i went up they said they were busy for about the next 4 weeks. that was the boss though, the guy who did it before was just one of the guys working there lol

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 13/7/10 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:

wekk to be fair they did weld the brake brackets on my axle for me there and then, for £10. but next time i went up they said they were busy for about the next 4 weeks. that was the boss though, the guy who did it before was just one of the guys working there lol

Mmmm sounds about right for the guys up here.....
or they price it out the water
seem to work on the asumption better to have no work than do a job a wee bit cheaper...
no wonder they are going out of business faster than fook

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.