Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: important things to buy or not?
AndyW

posted on 25/9/10 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
important things to buy or not?

Hi all,

Bit of an odd one really but I have an idea as to the order of my build. Im at the stage where suspension built with shocks, rear diff in and drive shafts, brakes on. I have all the brake pipes. I have a 2.0 zetec black top. I have steering column minus cowlings. What I dont have is a lrger list. But before I go listing all the obvious things, my question is, what would people recommend I purchase as the most important parts down to the least, i.e is the wiring harness the next big purchase, and dont worry about wing mirrors yet. I have a budget of about £500 to spend at the mo and want to make sure I buy stuff that I can fit rather than waiting a year to fit. Suggetions please, and remember it just peeps opinions so lets not get funny with each others suggestions..

Thanks

Andy

lotusmadandy

posted on 25/9/10 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Gearbox,flywheel,clutch,engine mounts and prop.unless of course,you already have them.

Andy

RichardK

posted on 25/9/10 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
For starters

Engine in, so that's engine mounts, gear box mount and then you can measure for the prop shaft which is a £100 touch.

Cheers

Rich

Doh too late

[Edited on 25/9/10 by RichardK]

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
l0rd

posted on 25/9/10 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Fit the drivetrain and then the loom. Get a scuttle and the gauges. By the time you finish with electrics, you will have raised enough dosh for the next parts

[Edited on 25/9/10 by l0rd]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.