Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Sevens with traction control......
franky

posted on 4/8/11 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Sevens with traction control......

I got caught in the heavy rain again yesterday so instead of being grumpy about it(wearing a T-shirt!) I decided it would be a good time to test the wet setting on the traction control - Zero slip.

Its bloody amazing, testing on a round about putting my foot down further and further till I could hear the engine misfire, foot to the floor point it off the roundabout and hold on. Then putting my foot to the floor from slow speed in a straight line it'd spin a little then cut the fueling allowing the car to go as quick as the conditions would allow in complete safety.

In the dry i've not had it cut in yet on 15% slip due the grip of the car, the launch control now set up works a treat.

It seems that it doesn't reduce the fun or skill needed to drive the car, it just adds a safety net and allows more fun than normal in unideal conditions so really adding to the fun and useability of it.

Anyone else using it? If so what system and how smoothly does it work?

I wonder why loads of cars haven't got it fitted now

[Edited on 4/8/11 by franky]

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 4/8/11 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
what ecu/system is it?

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

adithorp

posted on 4/8/11 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
"...allowing the car to go as quick as the conditions would allow in complete safety. "

I'd be very carefull believing that! When you stop showing them respect they bite you in the arse. Just because the application of power is under control doesn't mean it's safe

"It seems that it doesn't reduce the fun or skill needed to drive the car..."

Isn't being able the control the throttle part of the skill-set?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

franky

posted on 4/8/11 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
"...allowing the car to go as quick as the conditions would allow in complete safety. "

I'd be very carefull believing that! When you stop showing them respect they bite you in the arse. Just because the application of power is under control doesn't mean it's safe

"It seems that it doesn't reduce the fun or skill needed to drive the car..."

Isn't being able the control the throttle part of the skill-set?

Its a racelogic system on a standard ECU.

Obviously you still regulate the throttle and i'm more than aware that its still easy to get into a big mess. I guess the best way to describe how well it works is that it allows you more room for error.

rodgling

posted on 4/8/11 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
I have this system too, very impressed with it. Obviously it only prevents power oversteer (and straight line wheelspin) - can't do anything about lifting off or piling into a corner too fast - but it is surprising just how good it is at doing this. It certainly makes me a lot more comfortable about letting her indoors drive the car.
A1

posted on 4/8/11 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
my traction control is my right foot...never failed and is completely adjustable, tried and tested in the wet,ice, snow... t/c and abs etc all just get in the way
franky

posted on 4/8/11 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by A1
my traction control is my right foot...never failed and is completely adjustable, tried and tested in the wet,ice, snow... t/c and abs etc all just get in the way

They don't get in the way if you set them up right

ashg

posted on 4/8/11 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
i had race logic tc on my old delta in a line..... it was fab. still didnt stop me going too fast down a lane and putting the car in a ditch though

[Edited on 4/8/2011 by ashg]

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

beaver34

posted on 4/8/11 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
impressive, how much was the kit? do you have the dash adjuster too?
franky

posted on 4/8/11 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
I bought it used. It came with the digital adjuster so you can set 0-25% slip and off all together, it also allows you to make adjustments on the move to the setup and view some other data.

I think it was about £500ish boxed as new.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.