Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: another newbie
ecosse748

posted on 5/8/12 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
another newbie

Hello, this is my first thread on the forum as i've been pointed to your website by a friend who has a caterham. I've just sold my Ducati, so im now looking for a bike engined kit car to fill my garage with. Any suggestions as of where to look other than ebay/pistonheads? Also, is there much in the way of difference between chassis such as MK indy and the MNR Vortx in terms of size, ease to work on, ability to take different engines? Those are the two i'm considering at the moment.
snapper

posted on 5/8/12 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Both good cars, little between them except for looks, if anything the MNR is a touch mor focused

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

adithorp

posted on 5/8/12 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the mad-house!

There's not a lot, size wise, between the two cars. The MNR always appears bigger to me but I think it's not. Personally if it had to be a "7" then I'd be looking for a Striker and if not set on a seven then also the Fury or Phoenix. Apart fron e-bay and piston heads there's always the for sale section here.
If you add a rough location to your profile it'll give anyone local the chance to offer a look at their car.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

ecosse748

posted on 5/8/12 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
cheers guys, im only 5"8 so i'll fit in the car no problem, i was more interested in wheelbase and space in the engine bay, just out of interest really. i've got a MK indy with a fireblade engine lined up and was just seeing what else is around, possibly with a R1 engine instead. Its that or try to find out if its a big job to swap in a R1 at some point!
Hellfire

posted on 5/8/12 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
Firstly, congratulations on your choice of engine. If I had to choose between the two manufacturers you've mentioned, I'd personally go for the MK. Both are nice cars and quite capable but I just prefer the overall looks of the MK and think it's a much prettier car. I don't like the nosecone of the MNR, the humps on the bonnet/scuttle and the rollbar makes it look like a kids brick trolley IMHO (although I fully understand why it is so high)

Phil

ETA - Try and find one with the bike engine you want, as swapping the engine will involve a lot of work/cost.

[Edited on 5-8-12 by Hellfire]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.