Author: Subject: ODD Autos YT - Locost
Sarah

posted on 8/7/24 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
ODD Autos YT - Locost

Anyone know anything about this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdRDr324usI

MikeR

posted on 9/7/24 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
Looks an interesting channel. I enjoyed watching it & have garage envy.

I wouldn't solid mount the exhaust as he appears to do. The engine moves which puts a force into the exhaust which if solid mounted will crack at a join.

The exhaust he removed looks very like the old GBS tubular exhaust designed for 1300 engines). It was stainless and would probably have polished up nicely. If I remember the tube sizes were a little big, but as he's cut and shut the new exhaust its highly unlikely to have optimised tube lengths.

Considering the tube has taken a big enough hit to bend it, i'd be looking at the wheel mounts locations as it looks like it could have been the wheel that hit the tube which would imply their could be possibly other damage.

Sarah

posted on 9/7/24 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Looks an interesting channel. I enjoyed watching it & have garage envy.

Considering the tube has taken a big enough hit to bend it, i'd be looking at the wheel mounts locations as it looks like it could have been the wheel that hit the tube which would imply their could be possibly other damage.

I agree - he's doing a golf buggy project but seems to be on tje Binky schedule!

Yep, ii thought same on top tube. Should've stripped the front, taken some diagonal measurements then replaced it. Be a half hour job..

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.