Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: HI EVERYBODY
force10

posted on 3/12/06 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
HI EVERYBODY

A big hello to all you bonkers locosters out there, we are Force 10 Sportscars, makers of the Storm sports car formally owned by Tiger, or at least we will be by next summer.
When we bought the moulds off ebay we thought "Yeah, bargain!" then we got the moulds home and had a closer look at them after shovelling out the top soil and weeds! I kid you not!!
To say the moulds are in need of some TLC would be a huge understatement so our plan is to make one set of bodypanels and mount them onto a chassis, sort out the imperfections and restyle the front end. The body will be made to fit most locost and locost derived chassis thus giving all you lovely people a choice of body styles, we beleive the only other car that this can be done with is the WLR, please feel free to correct if wrong.
here are a couple of pictures of Tigers demo car for you to look at, we welcome any suggestions you may have on styling improvements, general thoughts and sarcastic/humorous comments also welcome.
[img]

and

[img]

Many thanks for looking and your feedback would be great people.
FT

Jon Ison

posted on 3/12/06 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
On a day like today your name is very apt............

Welcome too BTW.....

Are you looking to just do the body moulding or chassis ?
Reason I ask is I drove a WLR in France and if it was me I would take the opportunity too make the footwell wider rather than waste the space in between chassis and bodywork.

Oh, n finally where are you based.

tegwin

posted on 3/12/06 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Not a bad looking car, but I dont like those large clear headlight cowels...

Perhaps loose the large 7" headlights inside and smooth of the bulge above the bonnet and fit some bi-zenons in there instead.... The new lotus elise has the right idea with recessed front lights

Elise

doughie

posted on 3/12/06 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
make it smile not frown!
iank

posted on 3/12/06 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hello and welcome.
There was some discussion when the moulds came up http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=54120

Looking at the pictures (still on ebay)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOULDS-FOR-SALE_W0QQitemZ270042191214QQihZ017
they appears to have a small tree growing in the middle of them.

Going to be a lot of work getting them back, good luck.

russbost

posted on 3/12/06 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the madhouse from a fellow manufacturer (of sorts!).
I'm always pleased to see anything that makes a change from "yet another seven" so Good Luck to you.
The front end does look rather "face like" & the light covers do it no favours, set of Pug lights or MX5 would improve the front end a lot.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
GavBurns

posted on 3/12/06 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Like previous comments the headlights need a little attention. It looks OK in the pictures could do with some bigger wheels that fill the arches.
I have some WEEDOL if you need some

Not sure if it would suite a BEC due to needing big wheels to look right.

[Edited on 28/11/06 by GavBurns]

Go BEC you'll never look back (literally)!!

force10

posted on 3/12/06 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
We thought about doing chassis and all the other locost bits but there are so many companies doing this already and its not an area we wanted to focus on yet if at all.
At first we will just supply body kits to builders and if it proves popular enough we will probably develop a dedicated chassis to go with a single donor vehicle.
Regarding the restyling the lights will be going for sure, as will the grill, the whole front from the windscreen forwards will be a separate moulding hinged at the front to give ultimate access, we like flip fronts
Hopefully we will have something worth looking at in time for Detling in April, or maybe Stoneliegh!
FT

Macbeast

posted on 3/12/06 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
It looks fat.

Front is horrible.

force10

posted on 3/12/06 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
A friend of ours was buggering about on photoshop and came up with this, all in jest you understand but even so its an improvement

[img]

StevieB

posted on 3/12/06 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
On the whole, it'll be good with a bit more curviness added to it.

Those lights need sorting out though! Maybe something a bit more like the Fury LeMans front end?

ch1ll1

posted on 3/12/06 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
good luck,
what sort of price do you have for the kit?

JoelP

posted on 3/12/06 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
as said, the front is ghastly, however, i really like the angle of the windscreen. Unless its a strong surround though, the roll bar needs raising.
force10

posted on 3/12/06 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
We don't even have our first body yet so its a little early to give a price but we plan to keep it Locoster friendly.
Thanks for all the comments so far, keep em coming, sounds like most people have the same thoughts as us though regarding the front end.
As an afterthought, if there is interest we have discussed a hardtop, what say you?

chrisg

posted on 3/12/06 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
Make it look like this and I'll have one

russbost

posted on 3/12/06 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Macbeast, I'm sure that's just the sort of constructive critiscism they wanted!
The Photoshop attempt looks vaguely Corvetteish. I would definitely recommend NOT making it look at like a Fury (or Phoenix or Stylus etc etc) or even like a 5exi, keep it new & different we already have far too many people all doing variations on a theme.
Now if you fancied a mid-engined chassis to go underneath the bodywork ..........................

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
force10

posted on 3/12/06 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Make it look like this and I'll have one

We've already developed a car almost exactly like that one, going to publish a book on how you can build it yourself for £251 .
will try to find a picture of the back end which is a little bit corvette as well but in a nice sort of way.

chrisg

It's the future - I've tasted it.........

Humbug

I agree with other people's comments on the front - definitely needs tidying up and those lights need to go. I quite like the photoshop effort, though it does look a little flat.

Rather than copying a Fury, etc., how about making the front just a bit more rounded and put BMW Mini headlights on?

btw, what does the back look like?

Peteff

posted on 3/12/06 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Stretch the back out to give a bit of boot

and move the headlamps forwards a bit without the covers and it will look more in proportion. It looks like the driver is on the back axle. Rescued attachment storminprofile.jpg
Rescued attachment storminprofile.jpg

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

force10

posted on 3/12/06 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
The Arse End

here
[img]

and here

[img]

Macbeast

posted on 3/12/06 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Russbost, I took them at their word -

"general thoughts and sarcastic/humorous comments also welcome"

My comment comes under the heading "general thoughts"

[Edited on 3/12/06 by Macbeast]

Wadders

posted on 3/12/06 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Yes very nice, but i'd have to pass on the chav trim option.

Originally posted by chrisg

It's the future - I've tasted it.........

force10

posted on 3/12/06 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Yes very nice, but i'd have to pass on the chav trim option.

Are you talking about the spoiler or something else mate?

DIY Si

posted on 3/12/06 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
The Burberry bits inside the red car above, such as the seat trim.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.