Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Been away for a while... but I'm getting back on track towards starting at long last
paul the 6th

posted on 3/11/08 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Been away for a while... but I'm getting back on track towards starting at long last

After long spell away from the forums and the dream of maybe starting my own build, I'm finally getting back on track. Since I was last on here, I've completed the purchase of my house and have just about finished moving in (in under 8 days as well, whoopah!).

I've just gotta wait for a dry day to empty the garage out, paint the floor and walls, then organise my stuff & look at buying a welder. I was due to attend a 6 week welding course at the local college (askham bryan near york) but the course went up from 66 quid to 120 quid since last year, and I'm not guaranteed to be able to attend every single week due to an inconsisten work schedule - so I decided to give it a miss for now.

Funnily enough, I got into my car and notice a bright flicker coming from my neighbours garage door - he's only got a welder of some sort! Gonna try pester him to see what he's got and if he could give me a bit of direction.

Failing that, I'm gonna pester a few of the builders in the local area to see if they can give me a few pointers

Just need to scrape a bit of money together to buy a welder and then start practising. Hope you'll all take me back on board as a serious builder!

Paul w

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
24vseven

posted on 3/11/08 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
welcome back

i am in acomb also so if you need any pointers on the welding drop me a line
will do my best to guide you i did a good few years in collage learning the art lol

RichardK

posted on 3/11/08 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome back fella, only thinking about you the other day, will u2u mate.

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paul the 6th

posted on 3/11/08 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
quality 247 - would be much appreciated. There's a guy in haxby who's also in the process of building so I'm sure we could possibly get a bit of a local builders thing going (as long as i get my finger out!)

good to hear from you rich, replied on u2u

Paul w

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.