Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tattoo's good or bad idea
mr henderson

posted on 18/12/08 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
Thats not what I meant to imply at all. I can draw the assumption that the majority of forum members dont have a tattoo as the those with tattoos are generally in the minority across any population.

That,s not my observation at all. In most cases it's not a question of do you have a tatoo? but rather, where is it, what is it and how many.
Common as muck, in other words

quote:

The question "tattoos, good or bad?" will generally draw two responses, one from those without and one from those with a tattoo. The clear difference, however, is that those with a tattoo would never tell someone to definitely get one, whereas those without can justifiably list "definite" reasons why someone should not to get one.

The problem with tatoos is that there is no going back. Once a person decides to copy their friends and mark their skin with a tatoo then that mark is there as long as they live, unless they pay for expensive and only partially successful removal.

John

cd.thomson

posted on 18/12/08 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
I think the idea I'm trying to get across is that for some its "just a tattoo", for others its a lifelong and serious commitment.

The difference in perception boils down to the individual. I care as much if someone has an accidental scar as if they have a purposefully created tattoo, the only difference in my eyes is tattoos tend to be more artistic.

For others, such as yourself Mr Henderson, a tattoo is a highly significant and unnecessary marking which implies a great deal about the individual who carries it.

On a side note none of my friends have had anything done, so I don't think it was down to peer pressure, and also I've not met a single person who wasn't surprised when I told them I have a tattoo.

02GF74

posted on 18/12/08 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
quote:

the fat woman with a nice dolphin on her cankle!

not heard it called that before!!

mr henderson

posted on 18/12/08 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

For others, such as yourself Mr Henderson, a tattoo is a highly significant and unnecessary marking which implies a great deal about the individual who carries it.

Absolutely

cd.thomson

posted on 18/12/08 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mr henderson
Absolutely

wish id kept it a secret now that I've been judged.

Same reaction as my dad actually!

mistergrumpy

posted on 18/12/08 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Never heard of a cankle? It's when the ankle is indefinable from the calf "a cankle".
A quick click to Urban Dictionary and here's what appears:

Image deleted by owner

Thus proving my point nicely

eznfrank

posted on 18/12/08 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
I have two tattoos and I'm actually booked in for a third in vegas next week

I would say if you have to ask "the question" then you are probably not 100% convinced and thus surely the answer should be no. I agree with the above comments about not being "on show" all the time, for example I would love a full sleve doing but just couldn't in my line of work.

Tattoo's are usually for "you" and in my simplistic view if you like it then who gives a crap what anyone else thinks, especially randoms in the street who don't know you from Adam. people always say "what about when you get old", well, what about it?? I'll be old and if I don't like it any more i'll either put up with it or do something about it but unless it's in the middle of my face I don't think it's going to cause me any particular concern.

Rod Ends

posted on 18/12/08 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
When David Blunkett was Home Secretary he wanted all criminals to be tattooed.

His head civil servant told him: "Sir, they already are!"

focijohn

posted on 18/12/08 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank

I would say if you have to ask "the question" then you are probably not 100% convinced and thus surely the answer should be no. .

I think its more that i havnt found something or thought of anything that i would like to "brand" myself with.
As for being juged i couldnt care, if you like me you do if you dont thats your problem. At the end of the day is it not any different to having a percing??? ok its far more permiant but its just another way of enhancing (used loosely) your body.
Ive always wondered what ppl think when they see someone with a skin head, tattoos etc. Personally i dont judge i've met them or they have opened their mouths, but thats me.

I quite fancy a 3D one but i can imagine them being serious money.
Where is the most painfull place to have one?? i was thinking maybe my back?

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

cd.thomson

posted on 18/12/08 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
the fleshier the area the less it hurts. The one on my shoulder didn't "hurt" at all, was just a discomfort.

As the one on my back traverses over my spine there were a few *ouch* faces.

I imagine bottom of your foot would be the worst place, just in case you decided to get one there!

A1

posted on 18/12/08 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
i was going to get one, but decided that id only want a really good one, so it would cost too much...if theres something you really like, wait for a year and see if you still like it, then get it...
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.