Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Just got a striker!
skippad

posted on 18/8/10 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
At first i was going to share car with me mate (who' 6'7" as a trackday car, but he would'nt be able to fit in it, then the build and sell idea came about, but as i said was put off by engine change costs.
I do Like Strikers and one day i'll own one!.

[Edited on 18/8/10 by skippad]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
StrikerChris

posted on 18/8/10 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
Get the iva first is my opinion.then go mental when your bored of what you've got!I built mine from scratch and the only real sva problems were emissions bar hitlers little snags on reflectors etc.with the right paperwork get it on the road then play with things!the striker outclasses most on the road if your not into bling wheels and mine handles a lot more power than was invented when the striker was!build it,find a b road and enjoy!then swap engine,find an a road,employ helicopter police spotted and see how fast you can really cross country!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
lewis

posted on 18/8/10 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Mines a mk Indy I bought it a few weeks ago it has 11 months mot on it but not put it on the road yet as there are a few things I'm not happy with, it's running a 2.1l pinto with piper cam and twin webber 45s at mo but am going to swap with a blacktop and bike carbs I have waiting in my garage,winter project me thinks.
adithorp

posted on 19/8/10 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
I'd aim to get it through IVA with the cross-flow while keeping an eye out for a 1.6 to drop in if I could find one. Then use it for a summer and upgrade the next winter. You can always set up some of the things you need for injection in advance like fuel return and leave them blanked off.

adrian

ps. It 's crying out for a bike engine though...

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Werner Van Loock

posted on 19/8/10 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pekwah1
it's too small for me as well really, i'm 6'3" but at the same time i just don't care, i fit enough to drive it so it's good enough for me!

I'm 6'3" too and with the correct seats I fit nicely, only sticking out too high that's all.

succes with building

http://www.clubstylus.be

bimbleuk

posted on 19/8/10 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
6'2" but with long legs and I had one for 6 years so they aren't that bad. I did lift the pedal box to suit my big feet though.

If you can register the car on a pre-cat plate that will make your life a lot easier for MOTs etc.

I did that then fitted a more modern engine later.

bi22le

posted on 19/8/10 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Im about 5'9" and im too short for my Striker!!

I have got Bimbles old one though!

Strikers are awsome. I get soo many people wanting to look around it just because its a Striker and they want to know how a car can be built. They are small on width though. Me and my 14stone brother did an 1100mile round trip to the ring in it and it was faultless. they are pretty mean cars and look different which is good.

Depending on the miles you cover you may get bored with the engine quite quickly. Anybody can drive in a straight line its the cornering that takes along time to master and the Striker can handle.

I have a 20V 4age in mine and it is quick dont get me wrong but I want more already. The chassis feels under powered and I want to feel the rear end struggle under power. By the time I have saved the pennies for a supercharger Ill have mastered the handling . . . . hopefully.

Glad to see any other Striker in the mix.

Enjoy!!

Biz

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

pekwah1

posted on 19/8/10 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh i love the looks of the striker and the basic rawness of it, that's the main reasons i went for one over an indy or tiger etc...
I know everyone says you don't need straight line speed etc, it's the cornering where it makes up, but why not have both? And from having been in some powerful cars, straight line speed can be equally as fun as corners!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.