Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Kitcar show Stafford september 2010 Dissapointment
pdm

posted on 19/9/10 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
There's got to be an element of post office closures to this surely - bear with me !!

I went to Staffs today - already knew from negative posts on here that it would be quiet. But outside was quieter than in !!!

Weather ok, verging on nice and some stuff to look at. £10 each does sounds like a lot and yes I suppose it wasn't autosport/NEC Car show...but there were plenty of cars to look at - MEV had brought everything !!! MNR and GKD too. Lurvely shiney cobras/ferrari reps. Also the coupe silver thing although forget what it's called.

But come on £10 even in today's climate - bet most people spend more than that on a monthly meet.

If we keep on being down about meets like this, then they will fold...and then where will we go !!

What's next - Newark too far and a bit quiet, Exeter too far south. Only leaves Detling and Stoneleigh - how many will be complaining there isn't anything new there in a couple of years time and by strength of internet make numbers fall there.

So to Post Office - people got fed up with queueing/slow service etc etc etc at post office - much easier on t'internet the populace shouted. Now what happens when you need to post your wishbones and you have to travel to find the nearest post office !!! You had one down the road 5 years ago !!! I still pay my gas/elec over the counter rather than direct debit - it keeps someone in work and keeps a small village PO open (or I like to think so) !!!

Sadly I think petrolheads are in the minority - so as kit car enthusiasts we are a small part of that minority. I just think we should therefore support any shows we can.

The more turn up the better a show will be - I mean lets face it I haven't got enough cash to wander round buying "the shiney" from each and every stall. But it's great when you can just wander up to some random stranger and with a "nice car mate, how did you do...." have a right old chinwag about something you're both into.

I'm NOT saying roll over and just pay what promoters ask....

Someone please agree that took ages to type and I'm not normally so forthright !!

GeorgeM

posted on 19/9/10 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
I agree,

I drove from Essex to help MNR out & put my car on the stand (8hr round trip), and yes I knew before I went it was going to be quiet.

My conscience is clear - I drive a GREEN car
MNR Racing
essexkitcarclub.com

ReMan

posted on 20/9/10 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
I empathise

But dont forget the people who come in their kits ARE THE SHOW

So yes I have no problem with charging the browsers/public for the privelage, quite right. I would, and did used to pay myself.

But to charge drivers and passengers for that matter is wrong, and as felt and said in this thread here will be their undoing in this minority hobby

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.