Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I Think I've Finished (pic heavy)!!
locostbuyer83

posted on 20/5/11 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rb968
Had a go at covering the headlight mounts tonight. Need to trim the bottoms of the electrical covers but this is what they look like.

I have rounded the bracket itself but as its only 2/3mm steel plate not sure if the radius is sufficient.

Headlight mount cover1
Headlight mount cover1

Headlight cover3
Headlight cover3

Headlight mount cover2
Headlight mount cover2

Secured with tie wraps as I had to split it.

Still not sure.

Rich

Don't personally think your get away with that. They will say "Its not permanent"

I've bought a radius gauge to make sure that I grind the headlight mounts enough.

radius gauge 0.75mm to 5.0mm on eBay (end time 28-May-11 10:56:49 BST)

locostbuyer83

posted on 20/5/11 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Rich, Are you fed up with the rules yet? I'm at the same stage as you and slowly going insane!
loggyboy

posted on 20/5/11 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bumble
7) Aeroscreen probably needs some trim now that you mention it.....it is radiused but probably not sufficient.

Maybe just remove it for IVA?

rb968

posted on 20/5/11 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
Definitely going nuts, spent tonight file down edges on my mirrors and repainting them just in case.

My dad just keeps saying " Thats bloody stupid if he picks up on that" or "surely thats not a problem". I have to admit the idea of some of these things being dangerous is just a joke. Especially if the mirrors are from a type approved bike !!

Think I have pretty much done all I can so I will just wait and see what the fail list looks like after Tuesday. Will be a relief to know what nees doing. Just hope it passes emissions.

Rich

rb968

posted on 20/5/11 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
Beginning to think it might have been easier to chop the bloody mounts off and replace them with something else!

Rich

Davegtst

posted on 20/5/11 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
Seems everyone is IVAing MKs at the minute. I would put some conduit round the battery live cable to the kill switch. People have failed for not having this before. Is trim round the headlight mounts definatly no good? Not even if it's glued on? Whats the Caution sticker near the brake resovoir?

[Edited on 20/5/11 by Davegtst]

locostbuyer83

posted on 21/5/11 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
Seems everyone is IVAing MKs at the minute. I would put some conduit round the battery live cable to the kill switch. People have failed for not having this before. Is trim round the headlight mounts definatly no good? Not even if it's glued on? Whats the Caution sticker near the brake resovoir?

[Edited on 20/5/11 by Davegtst]

The guy at Mitcham said u trim was not good enough on the headlight mounts. I know!!

locostbuyer83

posted on 21/5/11 at 06:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rb968
My dad just keeps saying " Thats bloody stupid if he picks up on that" or "surely thats not a problem". I have to admit the idea of some of these things being dangerous is just a joke. Especially if the mirrors are from a type approved bike !!
Rich

Haha - Snap!

Davegtst

posted on 21/5/11 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
How do MK get them through then?
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.